Tip needed for applying shellac

Page 2 of 2
On Sep 11, 2:32am, Dave Balderstone

Look up any French polishing site. Only difference is padding uses a heavier cut and more of it.

I've been down that path... I finally started putting it on the surface with a plastic pipette (think small turkey baster -- (Amazon.com product link shortened) ) and then brushing it quickly. This allows me to get it on fast so there is always a wet edge and no stop/start overlaps along the length. I doubt if you'll find this technique in any books... it's along the lines of pouring wipe on poly on the surface and then wiping. ;~)
John