Tip: Mark all parts before disassembly

I'm better than you, Larry. When my voltage drops below 95vac in the shop, I just gnaw the wood off my pencils to sharpen them even MORE Neander than you.

Oh. . . you make mistakes and need an eraser????? I get mine without, since I never make mistakes.

Reply to
Nonny

In a shop, it's an old piece of 120grit garnet paper.

Reply to
Nonny

Also, be sure to wear goggles.

Reply to
Nonny

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:33:33 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett" scrawled the following:

Sorry, Lew. I forgot that there were some people out there who have never made a mistake. Please accept my sincere regrets for my fox piss.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 12:12:12 -0600, the infamous "Leon" scrawled the following:

Nah, I'm just a wannabe pencil connasewer, mon. Yeah, soft green or white erasers rock. Who knows what they're made of.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

---------------------------

For a minute there, I thought you forgot.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

White plastic is still the best. You can get them in a pen type thing that fits well in an apron pocket. At work, my upper apron pocket always contains two scales, a pen, mechanical pencil and an eraser.

Reply to
CW

Same here though I haven't used anything but CAD in years.

Reply to
CW

And Staedtler has a nice little battery powered electric that you can get at Staples for 10 bucks.

Reply to
J. Clarke

On Dec 6, 9:15=A0pm, Puckdropper wrote: " be sure to mark everything before you take it apart. Puckdropper

And, let me add "Before you cut the parts" as well.

I was reminded of this lesson AFTER cutting the rabbet for the shelving backer on the 68 inch tall sides and had to make new parts. Fortunately it was a shop storage cabinet

Reply to
Hoosierpopi

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:08:58 -0800, the infamous "Nonny" scrawled the following:

Yeah, well I ain't got no lead mouth, neither. So there!

WE ARE NOT WORTHY! WE ARE NOT WORTHY! WE ARE NOT WORTHY!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ever got to play with Kai Krauss's Painter? Has a selection of virtual brushes of real world painter's brushes - sable, fan, oil, watercolor, stencil even pinstriping brush which behave very much like the real thing once you get the hang of it. AND you can do things with virtual mediums which you CAN NOT do with real world mediums - like combining the characteristics of water color and oil paint. Combine the many features of this app with the fact that you can save things along the way and UNDO mistakes - and there's much to be said for working with digital mediums.

Reply to
charlie b

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 17:39:14 -0800, the infamous charlie b scrawled the following:

I got (and played with) Expression, then got Painter and never really did anything with it, being steered by client requests. 'Twas fun to toy with, though.

Reply to
Larry Jaques