Tip: Mark all parts before disassembly

Page 2 of 2
On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 17:39:14 -0800, the infamous charlie b

I got (and played with) Expression, then got Painter and never really did anything with it, being steered by client requests. 'Twas fun to toy with, though.
--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance

Same here though I haven't used anything but CAD in years.
Lew Hodgett wrote:

OMG! This is soooo retro, dude!!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Also, be sure to wear goggles. <grin>
--
Nonny

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 12:12:12 -0600, the infamous "Leon"

Nah, I'm just a wannabe pencil connasewer, mon. Yeah, soft green or white erasers rock. Who knows what they're made of.
--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance

White plastic is still the best. You can get them in a pen type thing that fits well in an apron pocket. At work, my upper apron pocket always contains two scales, a pen, mechanical pencil and an eraser.
CW wrote:

And Staedtler has a nice little battery powered electric that you can get at Staples for 10 bucks.

I'm better than you, Larry. When my voltage drops below 95vac in the shop, I just gnaw the wood off my pencils to sharpen them even MORE Neander than you. <grin>

Oh. . . you make mistakes and need an eraser????? I get mine without, since I never make mistakes. <grin>
--
Nonny

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:08:58 -0800, the infamous "Nonny"

Yeah, well I ain't got no lead mouth, neither. So there!

WE ARE NOT WORTHY! WE ARE NOT WORTHY! WE ARE NOT WORTHY! <bow, scrape, gag>
--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance

Where possible, I mark parts where they won't be seen -- on the tenons or the ends. On the edges of floating panels, etc. Most parts usually have some edge covered by something else or in a non-visible area.

Rob Leatham
On 07 Dec 2009 02:15:17 GMT, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:>Just brought in my latest woodworking project. (Still smells like some of

No point. It's well documented that at least one part will always change dimensions as soon as glue is applied to it. No one quite understands how.
-Kevin

that was what I was thinking. I never disassemble a project to finish it unless the parts are attached with hinges or slides. I may pre stain or finish panels in a door panel prior to glue up however.
On Dec 6, 9:15pm, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote: " be sure to mark everything before you take it apart. Puckdropper
And, let me add "Before you cut the parts" as well.
I was reminded of this lesson AFTER cutting the rabbet for the shelving backer on the 68 inch tall sides and had to make new parts. Fortunately it was a shop storage cabinet