Tip for 6" Jet Jointer Shoppers in Southern Cal.

The Jet closed stand 6" jointer is selling for $599 just about everywhere. Jet's $100 rebate (requiring an extra major tool purchase) is no longer offered. Sure, you can get it for $599 minus $25 rebate with free shipping from Amazon. That's a net of $575 with a single set of $60-$70 knives. But if you live in So. Cal. there might be a better option...

Ken's Tools in Riverside is a very traditional tool supply house that has been forced to relocate due to freeway expansion/construction. They sell a lot of Jet equipment. I am not affilliated with them except as a very recent customer. I went to their interim warehouse recently. I saw they were selling a Jet "GOLD SERIES" 6" Jointer (Closed Stand) for about $512 plus tax. After some discussion, they agreed to sell it for approximately $503 plus tax. This jointer is selling for $599 just about everywhere.

Why is this a good deal? If you live in So. Cal., you will get the jointer for about $500 retail ($542 after taxes), but will also get TWO EXTRA SETS OF KNIVES! (That is what makes it a "GOLD SERIES". The extra knife sets. The Gold Series is no longer available, unless you find a dealer with older stock on hand like Ken's!) Jet sells the extra knives for about $60 to $70 a set. So, assuming 2 extra sets of blades at Jet's $60+ per set price means that Ken's Tools jointer will cost you about $542, while the Amazon version will cost you about $694, assuming $60 per set of knives. That's $152 more for the Amazon version.... Sounds like a good deal to me...

When I first went into Ken's, they had two Gold Series 6" Jet jointers on the shelf. I bought one of them. That leaves one 6" Gold Series Jointer still on the shelf at a very good price. So. Cal shoppers might want to check it out. They are moving to their new location in a month and would prefer not to move the heavy stuff again.

Ken's Tools: (951 )686-2542

Reply to
mybuy