Tip: Baking Soda and Super Glue

Most of this video is about repairing a guitar nut, but I share it for what is shown in the first minute or so:
The hardness of Baking Soda mixed with Super Glue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slCMkvEfK_U

There are other videos showing the mixture used as a gap filler, etc. and then filed, shaped, etc.
One video notes that the mixture gets very hot, so you'll want to avoid getting any on your skin while it cures.
"DerbyDad03" <

I wonder if this works on cracked dentures.... ;>)
Phil Kangas wrote:

Probably not. I saw an elderly lady who inadvertently put some super glue in her eyes instead of her regular drops. The ophthalmologist said not to worry--the moisture would make them turn loose overnight. It did.
Epoxy works.
--
GW Ross

Enough research will tend to support

One word... B O N D O
;^)
Roberta
On Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 9:22:52 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@lol.com wrote:

OK, so why does Google Groups ask me if I want to translate this post to English?
When I say Yes, it says it translated it from Slovak to English. The only thing that changed was that "Roberta" became "Robert".
GG is so frigging weird.
replying to DerbyDad03, Dan wrote: This was a common procedure about 20-odd years ago. While it does work in the short term, over a period of years there is an on-going chemical process that will exude a brown, sticky residue along with a distinct bleach odor. This will come through paints eventually and ruin your work. A much better substitute is micro balloons as a filler. Micro balloons are a tiny glass bubble, and can be found in most hobby shops. No ongoing reaction to the best of my knowledge. dan