Tin snips are tools used to cut thin sheet metal.

Page 2 of 2

No, I'm not. Puckdropper comes from when I was too young to play hockey with the guys my Dad played with, so they'd let me drop the puck after a goal was scored.
I do usually have something to say about offsides, though. It's a habit from playing pick up hockey.
Puckdropper -- FYI, my Usenet access is going to be inconsistent the next several days or weeks. My ISP decided to switch their services to Google, which doesn't offer NNTP access. I'm looking for a good alternative now.
Puckdropper wrote:

All this time, I thought you were a zebra!

In the real old days, I heard they had to actually place the puck on the ice for face-offs. Probably discouraged quite a few potential zebras.

Oh god, you must really confuse the non-hockey folks with that. For what's seemingly a simple rule, there's an awful lot of confusion when I try to explain it.
My old high-school team has a state tourney game tomorrow. I'll probably go and root them on with a few of the alums, and talk about how much better *we* used to play! <g>
JP

It'd sure have discouraged me. Dropping the puck, I had quite a bit of my equipment hit one way or another. (I did wear full equipment.)

It's a really complex rule, actually. You can't cross the blue line before the puck. What counts as "in the zone"? What happens if you do this or that while offsides? Or here's a good one... Let's say you're in the offensive zone, offsides. Your team then ices the puck and you touch it. Is it icing or offsides?
After it happened, the Zebra said icing overrules offsides.
*snip*

Puckdropper

Hmmm...yeah, maybe you're right. In fact, you're definitely right. Tagging up, delayed offsides, offsides (or 2 line) pass and the different variations of all of them. In fact, I'm not even sure what rules are used in what leagues any more!

So the player was behind the goal line and recieved a "pass"? Talk about cherry picking. NHL? NCAA? Men's League? That's a toughy.
It's "Mite Fest" this weekend in addition to states, so I'll check out the rules for NYS High School and Youth Hockey. My nephew drives me nuts, he sort of roams around with one hand on his stick, hardly backchecking, hardly hustling until he somehow gets the puck and then he turns it on. Unfortunately, he's the leading scorer. For now. I think it's going to be really tough for him when the other kids catch up and he can no longer just skate around them. I don't know how parents do it - if I had kids I'd probably have a heart attack!
JP

Men's League, but we follow pretty standard rules. The player was in the offensive zone, slow to clear the zone and his teammates iced the puck from the defensive zone.

What age is mites? They had a tournament going on with some rather young kids (elementary school age) at the rink today. Some of it was good hockey, and some was everyone's in the corner chasing the puck. (I only watched about 5 minutes.)
Puckdropper
marching band.

A first-class option -- especially for their spam-filtering -- is 'supernews'. Giganews, and Easynews are the other 'big boys' in the news provider biz.
'newsguy.com' is a smaller operation, but nearly as good as supernews.
Astraweb is pretty good, and offers _inexpensive_ FIXED PRICE service -- access by the gigabyte of data, regardless of how long it takes to use up. For text- only access, a minimal ($25, I think) account will last for _years_ -- probably decades. :)
news.individual.net offers text-only groups for an annual pittance of under US$20. Astraweb is a better deal, unless you're a really heavy user.
Terranews can be erratic quality -- *especially* their near-free service. usenetserver.com is facing a major lawsuit, and long-term is 'iffy'.
_meganewsservers.com_ is one to *definitely* stay away from. "1/4-assed" is a charitable description. One minor example -- *NO* week-end staff whatsoever. If, at say 7PM Friday Evening, the server crashes (totally dead-in-the-water), there's nobody to even look at it untill something like 8:30AM monday morning.
snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote in wrote:

*snip*
*snip*
I went with Astraweb. 90 GB for $25, that'll keep me going for a long, long time.
Thanks for the information.
Puckdropper
marching band.
mac davis wrote:

So if you are being snippy that is the same as saying you are making cutting remarks.     oof,     j4

Shear nonsense
r5

Edgy today, Robatoy? m6

On Feb 27, 6:16 pm, "http://r.yuwie.com/chiangmai "

[snip]
[snip]
[snip]
[snip]
[snip]
[snip]
[snip]
[snip]
[snip]
[snip]
[snip]
r7

[snip]

LOL! That was great! (no pun. Reseting score.) m0

Okay, I gracefully accept, and will institute my own, reset.
r0
Robatoy wrote:

that is really keen...
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 00:13:32 GMT, Lobby Dosser

Hell I used mine to open some salt bags recently. Having a long drive that mostly goes up to your home sucks, when Mother Nature gives you 2" of ice and the another 1" after the first has melted. First year here, time for a plow and chains for the John Deere. Free carpenter ant infested redbud available too, as it fell over but not onto the grapes.
Mark

We didn't get ice, but had some snow freeze before I had a chance to plow my sister's driveway. (I did mine first and ran out of daylight.) I pushed as much snow off as I could, then dumped salt on the driveway with a pull-behind spreader. Once the sun came out, it started working pretty good.
Puckdropper
marching band.
http://r.yuwie.com/chiangmai wrote:

Dang! No wonder they haven't done squat for me when trying to cut veneer! Who knew?

On Feb 27, 6:16pm, "http://r.yuwie.com/chiangmai "

[snip]
[snip]
[snip]
[snip]
[snip]
[snip]
[snip]
[snip]
[snip]
[snip]
[snip]
r7
On Feb 27, 6:16 pm, "http://r.yuwie.com/chiangmai "

But I daresay they would be better used to castrate spammers so they do not reproduce.
--
FF