Timer needed

I currently working on a box-fan air cleaner project which will hang from the ceiling. I want to preserve the speed controls, if possible, but I'd like to add a time so that it will run for an hour after I'm done making dust (yea, I do have a DC plumbed to everything but 'fines' tend to get away). The real problem is that the AC access is on the ceiling where the lights are plugged in. If I could mount the timer to the bottom of the fan I will be able to reach it without a ladder. I would prefer a self contained unit so that I don't have to get into running conduit and installing a box for the typical bathroom type timer. Do any of you folks have any experience with such a device?
As always, TIA! Chuck
Add pictures here
✖

I added one of those remote control timers to mine and you can set it to run for 1,2,4,8 hours and I can turn it on with the remote.
Ted
Add pictures here
✖

Where did you get yours, Ted? Lowe's? Online?
Add pictures here
✖

I bought it a long time ago. I did a search on line and couldn't find a comparable unit. I did have to tape over the sensor to use it. I'll do some more searching. Ted
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 19, 12:35 pm, snipped-for-privacy@iron.net wrote:

I checked my unit last night and it has 2 units attatched to it. One is an outdoor timer used for christmas lights and it is plugged into a remote. You should be able to buy these at lowes. Ted
Add pictures here
✖
We use an electronic solid state unit in a lot of the equipment we build.
It is a puck type component that has variable time settings by using different resistors or a knob type accessory which fits in to a hole in the face.
We use them to both delay starting and delay stopping depending on the application.
Look in the Newark Elecrtronics catalog.
They are components that you want in the open.

I checked my unit last night and it has 2 units attatched to it. One is an outdoor timer used for christmas lights and it is plugged into a remote. You should be able to buy these at lowes. Ted
Add pictures here
✖

My Jet came with a remote and has a built-in timer. Both are extremely handy. (I know it doesn't help...)
Add pictures here
✖