time to work

Same goes for everybody who came after. Bach and Pink Floyd. If you have those two, what's the point of anything else. :)

Are you trying to say you didn't like the interpretation?

Ah, Virgil Fox... I've not heard that name in a long time. I had lots of albums once. My great grandfather sent me an enormous collection of records. I had five-volume boxed sets of modern French organ music (Widor comes to mind in particular), boxed sets of Virgil Fox's "Heavy Classics" I think, boxed sets of Bach concertos... I had good performances of every piece of music ever played on a Buggs Bunny cartoon (which is basically different bits of Rossini and Wagner anyway, with some von Suppe thrown in...) and all the "usual" stuff like Beethoven's 5th and 9th, Handel's "Water Music," Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" and such and so forth and so on.

I had a collection that must have been worth into the thousands.

When I moved out, I left them in my closet because I didn't have room for them in my apartment, and didn't have a record player.

Dad threw them all away when he tossed his record player. "Won't ever be able to play these again."

Can you BELIEVE that? I was *SO* PISSED OFF!!!!!!

I never paid any attention to what anything was called either, and in some cases, not even who composed it. I just opened things at random and re-played my favorites. It took me many, many years to discover what all of my favorites were, and procure new recordings. In several cases I had to find people with vinyl, because no performance had ever been released on CD.

Yup. It's no good without the fugue. A beginning with no end.

Reply to
Silvan

Road graders.

It was an ugly trip, and not the only ugly trip of its kind last winter. I never went anywhere close to north of the Mason Dixon line, and yet I had to drive in some form of frozen precipitation pretty much every week from the first of December to March.

(Virginia does an excellent job of keeping thing as safe as possible in winter, incidentally.)

I was fine with winter when getting to work meant driving three miles. I like making snow men and even shovelling my driveway, but bad weather really makes me fear for my life now. The freight has to go, no matter what, so I have to get out there and put my ass on the line, risking life and limb for that all-important load of yuppie furniture.

Yup. It sure does, unless it's *really* cold.

Got that right. I think there were 12 southerners living in the greater Atlanta area, but two of them moved to get away from all the damn Yankees.

Nope. The difference between a Yankee and a damn Yankee is that the Yankees are a baseball team. ;)

Reply to
Silvan

snipped-for-privacy@horatio.agresource.com () wrote in news:NZDmb.4459$FI2.4238 @newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Bah..too obvious. Ravel's Bolero will do it and you have enough time to really enjoy the torture.

Rich Andrews