Time For New Cordless Drill/Driver

Page 3 of 3
On 5/15/2011 12:43 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Have the 18v Makita combo (drill and impact driver) and am really enjoying it in everyday use. Strong, lightweight, batteries charge in 15 minutes. So far neither has balked at any job I've thrown at them.
Bought the Impact driver at HD and it came with two batteries; bought the Drill off Amazon with no battery, to fill the other spot in the case.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Not a smoking deal but Lowes has the DeWalt 12V LI drill and impact driver for $200. The LI drill seems to have as much power as the 18V at half the weight. The drills are so tiny and light they feel like a toy but they work great.
Currently Lowes will also throw in a third battery or a work light with the LI kit. If you are not screwing down deck boards I doubt you'll ever need the 3rd battery since they charge so quickly.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_83525-70-DCK211S2_0__?storeId=10151&Ntt=83525&UserSearch=83525&productId=3309256&N=0&catalogId=10051&langId=-1