Timberwolf Blades

This is partly venting, I guess, but the last two Timberwolf blades I've gotten have broken prematurely on the welds. Could it be the fault of the machine, or not having the right tension on the blade? I've used my own judgement on that score for as long as I can remember, and never had blades break like this, even the Sears cheapies.

Reply to
edswoods.1

Timberwolf blades are supposed to be low tension; I'm guessing you didn't tension it per their instructions. If "your own judgement" led you to put much more tension on the blades than they intended, I'd guess that might have something to do with it.

Reply to
Doug Miller

It sounds like the manufacturer may have had a problem with their welding machine. Timberwolf blades are guaranteed NOT to break at the welds. Call Suffolk Machinery for replacements.

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

Nope, breaking at the welds almost always is due to a shitty weld

Would contact them about replacement for free - the blades were DEFECTIVE

John

Reply to
John

My first and last Timberwolf blade broke after two short weeks of use, on the weld. My "Olson's" last for months. I will NEVER buy a Timberwolf again.

Reply to
Rumpty

Reply to
nospambob

I heard that Timberwolf makes Suffolk and Olson blades. I've never had a problem with Timberwolf blades. It's like going into your favorite restaurant that you have been going to for 40 years, sooner or later you are going to get a crappy meal.

Reply to
Dave

It's stated on Suffolk's web site:

"Give us a try, you have nothing to lose. Everything we sell has an unlimited time and performance guarantee. We guarantee all of our welds except on blades shorter than 65" in length or any blade that has been improperly sharpened. We do not, however, guarantee blades that are run on any three-wheel machine. If you do not like our blades we will refund your money and pay the freight upon their return. This also gives us a second chance? the opportunity to analyze the blades in order to determine why they did not meet your satisfaction."

See:

no(SPAM)vasys

AFAIK, Olson is a separate company that has existed for many, many moons.

They're right here in Connecticut:

Note that Olson manufactures private label blades. Maybe you've got it backwards, if the two concerns are related at all.

My favorite Olson blades for a 14" Delta are only about $10 each at ballewtool.com. I've only tried ONE Timberwolf, but couldn't see why I'd pay 3X over the All-Pro.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

B a r r y wrote: snip

Might want to try

instead, it'll work better.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
nospambob

The Timberwolf I have was $28.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

I too change to Olson Pro and Iturra's Promaster. I was bashed recently when I posted "I would not buy it, nor will I accept it even if it's free!"

BTW, you should call or email Iturra: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net or toll-free 888-722-7078

Iturra's catalogue is really a Bandsaw's handbook for newbies who wanna know more about bandsaw and associated parts. For experienced woodworkers you can find tires, spring and etc's. It's worth waiting for a few months for the catalogue.

Disclaimer: No relationship with Iturra in anyway or form. I too found out about Iturra here last year.

Reply to
Ken Wentworth

It would seem that Timberwolf quality is going way downhill over the last 6 months. I've heard many complaint about thier blades breaking at the welds, and timberwolf refuses to replace them. The warrantee is for "New / Unused blades" according to a response from the company president.

i.e. If you leave the blade sealed in the original shipping package... they will warrentee it for life. Otherwise.. you're on your own.

I wont buy from them anymore .. and I never had a problem with them. But customer service to me is THAT important.

Reply to
timgren

Knowing Suffolk Machinery's past commitment to customer satisfaction I find your comments hard to believe. Do you mind if I forward your post to Suffolk Machinery to get their official policy posted?

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

Hello Jack. Whether timgren minds or not, this is a public forum open to anyone to read and post. Forward away or point Suffolk to the original message if you're leery about forwarding.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Reply to
Sweet Sawdust

You got better luck than me with 50% failure, my was 100% failure? Why don't you try and Iturra's Promaster or Olsen Pro as they cost no more than that you know what...

Reply to
Ken Wentworth

So you're saying that any more than a 50% failure rate is unacceptable?

Reply to
CW

Reply to
Sweet Sawdust