Tilting mortisers -- I think I'm missing something

Page 2 of 2

I would have found a tilting mortiser to be quite valuable when I was making handscrew clamps from the hardware kits. Much faster than a chisel for making the ramped openings.

Chairs.
On 1/23/2015 4:16 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

I know I keep pounding this, ;`). A Domino would probably work fine for chairs if you build some inexpensive jigs, something you will probably still have to do to some degree with a high dollar mortiser.
And then you end up with a tool that you will most likely use on every project for then on.
And FWIW you still will most likely, if cutting through mortises or exposed mortises will have to do clean up work as the mortisers are basically a chisel press with a drill bit to remove the debris.
But certainly get what you will be comfortable with. I'll stop pounding. ;~)