Tile use in a cabin

Hello all.....Went out with my Dad, brother, and Grandfather this past weekend and did some great powertool bonding. Put up a 15x15 cabin in the mountains of PA. The cabin is pretty much an over sized shed design. The front wall is 16' with a back wall of around 8.5'.
Started Friday and ended Sunday with it just needing the siding put up and a front door installed. Allow me to say -----> Nail guns are a WONDERFUL thing.
We built on an existing cement slab. (former cabin) The surface of the slab isn't in the greatest condition and we were tossing the idea around of putting tile down in it for a floor to cover the concrete.
Anybody ever use tile in this type of application. I was figuring on using leveling compound to get things in order that way, and would seal the grout. Will the temp extremes bother it much? There won't be any heat in the building and the temp can go from over 90 in the summer to 10 or 20 below in the winter. The slab won't be shifting or settling since it's been there for 20 years.
Didn't think it would cause any problem, but figured I'd see what somebody else thought.
Thanks for the input.
bremen68 wrote:

No worries about the heat/cold in my opinion. If your slab is just hairline cracks you can just go over them with the thinset and tile. If the cracks have shifted out of alignment then you will need to level the floor. Level is the term used but you really don't need to be level, just flat.
I have vinyl sheet in my cabin. Works well.

There's a red slimey liquid stuff that HD sells that puts an isolation membrane between the floor base and the thiset. Maybe called Redguard. I used it when I redid the master bath last summer. Worked well. Went on easily with a chip brush, and dried in a couple of hours, as I recall.
There's also a variety of thinset mortars you may consider, with varying degrees of flexibility in the completed project. Ask a good tile supplier for advice for your specific projects.
I think I would use vinyl for a cabin, and call it good. But that's just me.
Patriarch