Tile Saw

This may be a stupid question, but can a table tile saw be used to cut wood such as 1" moulding? Al-U

When for $15 you can get a Japanese style pull saw that DOES work, why would you try?
The tile saw uses a continous rim abrasive blade, typically wet with water. Not a good solution for wood.
Patriarch, who has been using the tile saw too much lately...

Yes, but I have no idea what the ends of the cut would look like. Try it. I can't imagine the saw being damaged, so the worst you're looking at is a bad cut.
djb
On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 00:05:20 -0600, Dave Balderstone
I've actually tried this (cutting tiny tile pieces with a wooden push stick). The tile saw blade won't even put a dent in MDF.
On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 00:05:20 -0600, Dave Balderstone

That may be very bad advice if your tile saw has coolant in it. It could gum things up terribly, and it's liable to wreck your cutting disc.