Ticked off the family Christmas day....

Presents all done, breakfast settling, kids (herds of them) playing with their new loot..... I looked to my wife and said "I would have put money on it that you picked up that apron plane from Lee Valley this year....." The look on her face said enough and 20 seconds later she was handing me the gift she'd forgot in the closet...complete with the A2 blade...she with a red face.
I spent the next 1/2 hour...and a couple more times after that making curly's out of kindling..and then teaching the kids how to do it ("Hear that Uncle Rob? Hear it go Zzzzziiiiippp!)?
Wonder how it's going to behave when I sharpen it ? Lovely tool....
Rob
--

Remove CC for email and please visit our web site:
http://www.robswoodworking.com

I had a similar experience earlier this year. My wife had purchased one of these delightful tools for me (it was tagged in the catalog) for my birthday. When she signed for a package from Patrick Leach, she decided I could wait until Father's Day. And then I had to apologize. She said I had enough handplanes. As if that were possible...
Enjoy your new toy! Er, tool. I use mine on almost every project.
Patriarch
Rob -
It's my favorite too...fits the hand well, and is perfect for those small "adjustments"....
Cheers -
Rob (hoping the Atl - Ott game this aft won't be the clutch and grab exhibition that Pit-Ott was....)