Three questions about edging for plywood

I am going to build a dresser using oak plywood for various pieces. I need to apply edging to cover up the edges of the plywood which will show and I can't use strips cut from an oak board (long story I won't get into here).
1. Looking at the Rockler website I see pressure sensitive edging and iron on edging . Would you recommend one over the other?
2. If your recommendation is iron-on, can I use an old steam iron set at low heat or must I buy something special?
3. Final question: I'm picking Rockler because I can drive there and elminate shipping costs but if there is a much better place to get this kind of thing, can you tell me about it please?
TIA.
Dick Snyder
Dick, 1. I haven't run into a problem with any ps edging I've bought to date. 2. Typical household iron will do. 3. Rockler sells quality supplies. Woodwork Safely Jim Barry http://www.WoodchuckCanuck.com
1. Iron on by far better 2. Yes, test for best heat 3. For small quantities Rockler is fine
You should ask them to sell you a cutter also. Its a special ravor holder that allows you to trim the top and bottom. The edging comes wider than the edge. Some guys use a sharp chisle but the cutters work like a dream. There are several options for doing corners, that hardest part. I personnaly cut them with a razor and mstly use sanding to clean them up after they are totally cooled. Just practice a lot with trimming and sanding. This is one of those skills that just gets better the more you do it.
BW
Higher heat is what I've used in the past. Maybe Cotton?
On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:41:58 -0500, "Dick Snyder"

Dick Snyder wrote:

1. I'd recommend the iron on. 2. Norm uses an iron :-) 3. You can get the banding at the Borg as well, they keep it near the plywood.
Per another comment, you will need to trim it. You can get a special trimmer, use a flush trim router bit or a sharp utility knife.
On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:41:58 -0500, "Dick Snyder"

I've used iron-on edging with good results.

removing dents in wood.

I guess Rockler is as good as any. I think Home Depot carries edging.