threaded hole

I want to make a simple bi-fold door using the hardware from another broken door. I'm an amateur at this but it all seems pretty simple. The only thing I'm wondering is how do I make the threaded hole that will accept the pivot hardware? Is there some tool that will do this?
Depending on the size needed, you could use a threaded insert. Check this out:
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/search_results.cfm?filter=threaded+insert
Kevin
--
=====
"Tom" <tom24 snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Tom wrote:

I've made a couple of them out of oak and just used the pivot hardware itself to cut the thread.
tom24 snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Tom) wrote in message

It uses a threaded pivot pin? Usually these things have a friction fitted plastic socket into which the pivot slips. The sockets are similar to those used with caster wheels/furniture glides, and should be available at any hardware store. To install, simply bore the appropriate sized hole and tap them into place. The pivot then slides into the socket. Pretty simple. Unless you have something more complicated.