Those Darn leaking oil bottles

A couple of my nail guns require oil. I cannot keep the little plastic bottles from leaking . What am I doing wrong or what do you use to carry the lube oil in. Thanks, JG

Reply to
JGS

Hmmmm... never had that problem. I have several different size plastic bottles of gun oil and I've never had one leak. You do keep them standing upright, don't you?

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Then buy your little plastic bottles from Nalgene (lab glasswear and lots of outdoor shops carry them too). They do them in hard and soft plastics, both of them well-made, leakproof and fairly cheap.

If you have to keep the original bottle for nozzle reasons, enclose it in a wide-mouthed Nalgene for transport.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Mon, Oct 16, 2006, 4:59am snipped-for-privacy@storm.ca (JGS) doth clameth: A couple of my nail guns require oil. I cannot keep the little plastic bottles from leaking . What am I doing wrong or what do you use to carry the lube oil in. Thanks, JG

I've never heard of a oil bottle leaking; unless it was tipped over, or had a hole punched, or worn, in it. So I'd say you're doing one or the other. Stop doing that.

JOAT It's not hard, if you get your mind right.

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

I keep a little bottle in the case, and it weeps a little too. Not a big mess or problem.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

The one I have fits into the plastic blown case in the horizontal position. It does have a little oil on the outside of the bottle. If I kept the bottle upright on the shelf I'd forget to use it. :(

Reply to
Phisherman

Ha. just got me thinking. Here is a cheap, easy, and guaranteed solution. You need to find someone that has hard contacts and get the bottles that holds the fluids for lubricating and cleaning. I use Boston solutions and have used the bottles for other fluids but not oil. They DO NOT leak. The lubricating fluid bottle holds about 4 oz and the cleaning fluid bottles hold about 1 oz. These squeeze bottles are made of the same material that oil comes in.

Glad you asked the question. Normally I throw those bottles in the trash when finished. Think I'll fill up a couple of those bottles with oil.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Take the label off. Trust me...

Reply to
B A R R Y

Those little bottles are junk. I use a self oiler for all of my guns. Never a problem again.

Dave

Teamcasa

Sigg bottle. You can find big ones at any decent camping or outdoors store, or little ones online. Standard backpacking container for white gas stove fuel, because it takes severe abuse to make one leak. Get a red one--general rule is that you use red ones for stuff you don't want to drink and blue ones for stuff you do want to drink.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Very difficult. Easier to write over it and on the bottle with a Sharpie. Always relabel is a good practice.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in news:lTVYg.290452$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

I'd consider wraping some black electrical tape around such a bottle... Just like I do for "cleaning" toothbrushes.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Reply to