Those Darn leaking oil bottles

A couple of my nail guns require oil. I cannot keep the little plastic bottles from leaking . What am I doing wrong or what do you use to carry the lube oil in. Thanks, JG

the
Hmmmm... never had that problem. I have several different size plastic bottles of gun oil and I've never had one leak. You do keep them standing upright, don't you?
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

The one I have fits into the plastic blown case in the horizontal position. It does have a little oil on the outside of the bottle. If I kept the bottle upright on the shelf I'd forget to use it. :(
JGS wrote:

Then buy your little plastic bottles from Nalgene (lab glasswear and lots of outdoor shops carry them too). They do them in hard and soft plastics, both of them well-made, leakproof and fairly cheap.
If you have to keep the original bottle for nozzle reasons, enclose it in a wide-mouthed Nalgene for transport.
Mon, Oct 16, 2006, 4:59am snipped-for-privacy@storm.ca (JGS) doth clameth: A couple of my nail guns require oil. I cannot keep the little plastic bottles from leaking . What am I doing wrong or what do you use to carry the lube oil in. Thanks, JG
I've never heard of a oil bottle leaking; unless it was tipped over, or had a hole punched, or worn, in it. So I'd say you're doing one or the other. Stop doing that.
JGS wrote:

I keep a little bottle in the case, and it weeps a little too. Not a big mess or problem.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA
JGS wrote:

Ha. just got me thinking. Here is a cheap, easy, and guaranteed solution. You need to find someone that has hard contacts and get the bottles that holds the fluids for lubricating and cleaning. I use Boston solutions and have used the bottles for other fluids but not oil. They DO NOT leak. The lubricating fluid bottle holds about 4 oz and the cleaning fluid bottles hold about 1 oz. These squeeze bottles are made of the same material that oil comes in.
Glad you asked the question. Normally I throw those bottles in the trash when finished. Think I'll fill up a couple of those bottles with oil.
George E. Cawthon wrote:

Take the label off. Trust me...
B A R R Y wrote:

Very difficult. Easier to write over it and on the bottle with a Sharpie. Always relabel is a good practice.

I'd consider wraping some black electrical tape around such a bottle... Just like I do for "cleaning" toothbrushes.
Puckdropper

Those little bottles are junk. I use a self oiler for all of my guns. Never a problem again.
Dave

Sigg bottle. You can find big ones at any decent camping or outdoors store, or little ones online. Standard backpacking container for white gas stove fuel, because it takes severe abuse to make one leak. Get a red one--general rule is that you use red ones for stuff you don't want to drink and blue ones for stuff you do want to drink.
Thanks all. Time to replace the original bottles. JG