This takes the cake! $500 shipping costs for a Stanley plane!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stanley-bull-nose-rabbet-plane_W0QQitemZ4436854860QQcategoryZ29526QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Are the suits at eBay REALLY that stupid to keep letting money slip through their fingers by allowing sellers to charge sky high shipping fees that eBay gets nada on?
Dave
If you took time to read the ad it the seller corrected the typo to $5.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stanley-bull-nose-rabbet-plane_W0QQitemZ4436854860QQcategoryZ29526QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Frank Arthur wrote:

I read the description and looked at the plane. I didn't get involved in reading or viewing anything on the page below the image of the plane.
Dave

ROFL! You read almost nothing but found it worth posting here about!
You don't live in the Bay Area, do you?
--
Boycott Google for their support of communist censorship and repression!

Dave Balderstone wrote:

You are easily amused.
You are also rude.
But that comes as no surprise to anyone who's read your other similarly toned posts to others on a wide range of subjects.
Dave
Actually, Dave's right on. You're not helping the s/n-ratio here.
"Can't stand the heat ..."

BAD.
scott

I don't agree. Headers show different ISP, different OS, different browser. Text shows different writing style. Why do you think it's the same guy?
--
Regards,
Since many of his other items show $5.00 shipping, I'd be inclined to think it was a typo *BUT* I'd damn well check before I bid :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stanley-bull-nose-rabbet-plane_W0QQitemZ4436854860QQcategoryZ29526QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

read the rest of the listing.....

That's exactly right, because the seller didn't actually change the listing of the shipping aspect, he merely states "shipping is $5" in reply to emailers.
That means still, that the *BUYER* is still obligated to the contract of what the page says, and the seller can enforce it. I have been lied to twice by sellers on the bay, but those situations were different.
--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
AAvK wrote:

Now this is the most extreme hyperbole... how would be enforce it? By refusing to sell it to you. That's how. Give you bad feedback if he's the mean-hearted type.
er
--
email not valid

The AAvK entity posted thusly:

What the page says is that shipping is $5.00. The seller would not have a hope in hell of 'enforcing' a $500 shipping charge when he clearly states the corrected shipping charge on the page.
David wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stanley-bull-nose-rabbet-plane_W0QQitemZ4436854860QQcategoryZ29526QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
5 million new listings per day, 9,300 eBay employees. Do the math.
Dhakala wrote:

They have COMPUTERS and the listings are part of a database. You make it sound like their employees would have to MANUALLY sift through millions of listings. That's ridiculous!
Dave
David,
Your continued bluster after being told that it was a typo is pointless.
jc

David, calm down or your brain might cramp up. ;o) Sam
Sam wrote:

:) This thread is giving me indigestion.
Dave