THIS NG IS RUINED. HERE'S AN ALTERNATIVE

Page 2 of 4
"Max" wrote:

<snip the balance of an RV summer adventure>
$4+/gal fuel costs probably can be considered as raining on your parade.
Lew

Every time it rains, it rains......pennies from heaven........... If it gets to $5.00, I may decide to shorten the trip.
Max

Give me a heads-up and we'll raise a few. On to the Finger lakes, eh? One of my favourite areas on the planet. Sounds like a great trip.
"Robatoy" wrote
Give me a heads-up and we'll raise a few. On to the Finger lakes, eh? One of my favourite areas on the planet. Sounds like a great trip.
Will let you know when I firm up dates.
Max

http://www.sarniabayfest.com /
Keep these dates in mind... if you're into that sorta thing.
"Robatoy" wrote
http://www.sarniabayfest.com /
Keep these dates in mind... if you're into that sorta thing.
We could run over there from Chesaning, MI for a few days and then back for the Chesaning Showboat http://www.chesaningshowboat.org/ on the 16th. We have kinfolks "involved" in the Showboat thing.
Max
Robatoy wrote:

For a small town, that is actually a good week.
--

Tanus

This is not really a sig

Well, if you draw a circle 3 hours in any direction, you'll be looking at 15 million + population. Detroit, Toronto, etc... even Buffalo (although we're trying to keep that quiet...;-) kidding, Jack..) Chicago is only 5 hours.. not too bad of a hike for a week of Canadian beer.
I drove by some of the parking areas and many are from Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ontario and some Ohio and Quebec as well.
The entertainers like it, because Michele pays her bills. The tanker trucks, loaded with beer, have easy access too. lol Never any problems either.

Ah, Watkins Glen. Five Grand Prix races: '73-'75, '77, '79. Those were the days. Even did the Canadian GP at Mosport in '74.
More recently the vintage car races there in '03: http://www.pbase.com/speedracer/2003_vintage_cars&page=all
Dave in Houston

I hope to make those this year. There and at VIR...have to make VIR, with assignments to shoot. I just hope the knees hold up for the Glen.

I think the Champ Car/ IRL event is July 5-6. And the NASCAR boys are usually in August.
Dave in Houston

I haven't tried the IRL thing, but my most recent experience with NASCAR (at Charlotte) convinced me that the smell of spilled beer doesn't add a thing to the racing. Too, I decided that if I hoped to retain what little is left of my hearing, NASCAR tracks ain't the places to visit, at least during race time. I'm happier, too, with the ability to back off and rest when the races get too intense, so mostly I stick with vintage cars. I think the Glen race is sometime in September, but I'll check before we start driving.

I used to be a die-hard CART fan, then IRL. Watched them race at Texas, Kansas, Nashville, Michigan, Indianapolis, and Phoenix but with HDTV and a big screen, and a whole lot less hassle with traffic, not to mention ...age.... I'll catch them on ESPN and ABC.
Max
Charlie Self wrote:

Channel surfing last Sunday, it looked like there were lots of empty seats at the Texas NASCAR race.
By the looks of the backstretch stands, I thought I was watching a Busch series event.
Yep... NASCAR is getting worried about both the attendance and the following which both are going down hill.
They closed all the tracks in the states that started the sport and wonder where all their support went.
B A R R Y wrote:

About all that I can stand is 1/32 slot car races.
They are reasonably quiet.
The crowds are small enough, as are the cars.
The investment is modest.
The titts are smaller but, what would you expect at that scale.
On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 08:42:32 -0700 (PDT), Charlie Self

Tom Watson tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet www.home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1

The audience puking Dr Pepper is not all that nice.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: [snip of sensitive and intelligent thought]
:-)
Two thumbs up, Robert.
    mahalo,     jo4hn