This Is The Bandsaw I Want For My Birthday

I've got a birthday coming up, and I think it's only fair that you cheapskates chip in and buy me one of these.

JOAT A rolling stone gathers no moss...unless it's a hobby he does on the weekends.

Reply to
J T

Forget the sawmill, just give me that slab of wood

Reply to
rickluce

I was going to do it right up until where you called me a cheapskate. Now I hope you get a lump of coal in your stocking.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Are you planning on resawing a pickup truck or something?

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

Wonder how big a pointy stick you could make with that - not to mention push sticks.

Vic Baron

Here's an 80-incher:

pretty wood in the pics, though.

Reply to
Dhakala

I'd buy it for you, but since you'd never get it in the door to your workshop, I'm not going to spend money on something that's just going to get rusty sitting out in the rain.

Reply to
Upscale

I think I have bandsaw envy what with my 16 inch Walker Turner.

Reply to
Jerry

Being a foreigner and all, I didn't really know the true meaning of cheapskate. (I thought it was some kinda hockey term, I did).....but now that I know...

*putting cheque-book away*
Reply to
Robatoy

Damn, that'll take at least 3 gallons of yeller paint.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

What I don't understand is they say they've been accumulating logs up to 7 feet in diameter, and they they went out and bought a 67" saw. That seems like the kind of dumb thing I would do. What'd they do, get to the bandsaw store and then they couldn't find the scrap of paper they wrote the numbers down on so they guessed?

Reply to
Roy Smith

We did take up a collection. All of us were eager to contribute but seeing that we're all cheapskates no one would spring for the postage to send the check.

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

I'm a little short on cash, but I'll send you some beer cans you can cash in for 5¢ apiece. Keep an eye out for that beg green trash bag full of them when the UPS man drops them on the doorstep.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Tell you what, we'll kick in for the mill, *you've* got to furnish the blade. When you get the blade in house, give us a ring, we'll work the saw then. :-)

Mark & Juanita

Crap. I already knew that if I just asked for it that wouldn't work. So, I figured I might be able to shame you guys into doing the decent thing. Should have figured that wouldn't work either. I'd planned on cornering the DIY pointy stick kit market, but you've all shattered that dream. Which means I've got to cancel the order for those six whole redwood trees, fast. The price on the trees isn't so bad, but the shipping to NC is a bitch.

JOAT A rolling stone gathers no moss...unless it's a hobby he does on the weekends.

Reply to
J T

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in news:22523-438F4DC7-1633@storefull-

3336.bay.webtv.net:

Used ones come up for sale every now-and-again. Do a Google search on "bandmill", you'll probably find one. Heck, you might even find plans to make your own.

John

Reply to
John McCoy