This Is A Boring Newsgroup

Page 1 of 2
I went away for a month - just to see what that would be like.
And, when I returned - it's the freaking Stepford Newsgroup.
Peoples is sitting around singing Kum ba ya and holding hands and such.
HWMNBN has taken on a new, low-key persona - and is trying to play nice.
There seems to be no current troll infestaion - internal or external.
Peoples is actually talking about WoodDorking.
I have to tell you, I think it's disgusting.
Ah well - I believe it is a law of thermodynamics, replicated in group dynamics - that all systems tend towards disorder.
Seriously now, folks - I haven't seen the Wreck this quiet since I started lurking here in '94.
It's sorta scary.
It's sorta neat, too.
Regards, Tom.
Actually, I had a boring day in the shop today. Drilled over 140 holes in a wooden post using my drill press.
Now wouldn't you call this a boring post?
Phisherman wrote:

If you insist on playing "Holier than thou", you'll spoil all this great conviviality...
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA
Morris Dovey wrote:

Go to your room.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
More like a hitching post for lollipops?

[[.. munch ..]]

Boring? Nah. hasn't been a serious technique discussion for drill-presses, or mortisers for at least a couple of weeks. Everything -but- boring has been being discussed. <grin>
On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:35:07 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:

ya know, i always wondered why our life could be boring without us being borish. we had to be boorish to make our lives boring.
a man who is a boor is not necessarily a man who bores but may well be a man who boors.
this is very confusing to me.
Regards, Tom.

Sometimes boors can be quite entertaining -- well,in a crude and oafish way. Their attire does tend to provide 'fair warning', however -- they wear boormuda shorts in inappropriate places.

A boor is not necessarily a bore; but, frequently he _is_ a bur.
If you prefer, we can discuss the distinction between being 'a cad', and 'caddy'.

Don't forget, a person who gets impaled by the tusks of a male pig is boared.
Corporations like Enron, Adelphia, MCI, get into trouble because all their directors are bored members.
Not to mention that if the aforementioned pig, in a fit of tedium, stuck his tusk through a plank used for entering a ship, you would then have a bored-boar-bored boarding-board.
Does that help clear things up? Or is it like the overly-successful anti- H-bomb rally? At which there was a profusion of confusion?
On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 03:48:08 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:

"Mommy - make the bad man stop!"
Regards, Tom.
"Tom Watson" wrote in message

Cause and effect?
... just kidding. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04

Oh no, Hell no! I was thinking the same thing.
I was thinking that if I went away for another month - this might turn into a knitting newsgroup.
Shazzam!
Regards, Tom.

Surely you don't miss your buddy...
Who would that be?
David
Leon wrote:

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 01:18:14 GMT, "Leon"

He's still here, Bubba. You just ain't found him yet.
Regards, Tom.
This is all sounding mighty mysterious...
David
Tom Watson wrote:

Witness the a priori and the ad posteriori.
Regards, Tom.
Knitting newsgroup! Great idea, Tom.
Now where did I put those plans for pointy sticks?
Andy P.S. I remember I made a weaving loom once. Does that count?
http://www.myweb.cableone.net/andya/loom0.jpg

Psssssssstttttt...........Tom.......over there near that bulwark .......in the shadows.... see him lurking ......all squinty eyed like .....smirking and waiting .
(so how was the fishing)
Bob S.

Damned fishing was awesomeful, Robert.
My idea of fishing differs from some.
I like to get out on the lake about an hour or so before false dawn.
Took the canoe the first day and just sat and watched the lake wake up.
It was damned satisfying.
Got a cove in the back part of the lake that has about four or five pairs of nesting blue herons.
They ain't a bit scared of a canoe that comes at them from upwind without a paddle.
Made my day.
(i did catch a few small bass when the mist blowed off - some of them young ones that'll take a plastic worm with no weight on it - if you flop it on the water just right)
Got a five pounder later in the week. Let her go - she hadn't let her eggs loose yet, and this is early July we're talking about - strange.
Regards, Tom.
No it doesn't, that's fishing ! We went on a little trip down the Kenai river (AK) one summer and paddled our way through many no-name lakes. The mist on the lakes in the early morning is just plain mystifying and watching the moose and other wildlife from only yards away is one helluva prelude to the breakfast trout snatching up a fly. Ya gotta try rainbow trout cooked on a beer soaked Sitka spruce plank (just to keep it on topic...).
Bob S.