This could work...

Is that the same as a "G"?

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

Last week, the second of two dining tables was picked up by an friend. I made these things at his and his wife's insistence and thought I was doing it as a favor as I have never been paid for my hobbyist wooddorking.

Last night at a party at their house, the lady tucks an M-note in my shirt pocket and goes on and on about how pleased she is with her new tables.

I did the "aw, shucks - 'twern't 'nuttin" routine, but now I have an idea of what others think of my work - and I can afford a decent tablesaw and planer :-) Not only that, but some of the other folks were questioning me about "do ya think you could make a burfl for us?"

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Dear Doug,

Being a dumb Canuck, can you please tell me what an "M-note" is?

Tainjewberrymush,

David.

Reply to
David F. Eisan

Congratulations. Now that you have set a standard for pricing I'm going to follow suit Nothing I do will be sold for less than an M-note per pair.

I'm sure you had a smile when you went to bed that night. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

It's one of those Roman Numeral things - one more zero than a C-note.

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Actually, it was the party that did it ... keep going to parties and you'll have more work than you can handle. DAMHIKT

Congratulations!

Reply to
Swingman

100% equivalency :-)

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

What the heck is a C note????

Searcher1

Reply to
Searcher

Sheesh, don't they teach anything in school anymore?

I = 1 V = 5 X = 10 L = 50 C = 100 D = 500 M = 1000

Doug Winterburn

A check, of course.

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Ahh, me dumb canuck too. Now it begins to make sense...was thinking, if an M-note is less then a C-note then seems like a very bad deal to me, cause really it would take more then a few C-notes to make me think that I got "paid" (vrs a token of thanks from a friend). Never made the roman numeral connection.

I thought such notes were being taken out of circulation as they were just the tools of drug dealers and terrorists? Well according to the government, anyway....real story is they want more trackable transactions to keep ppl from skipping out on taxes... :)

A Canuck

Reply to
Paul Kierstead

She had an actual M- note or was that a check.... I cannot recall having seen one in circulation. I am sure that even at the price that you were paid, she recognized a bargain.

Reply to
Leon

Close, Bobus

MC == 1100 CM == 900

Dougus

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

In the Latin numbering scheme, "C" means 100, and "M" means 1,000. Placing a C before an M means "100 less than" so MC means 900.

Bobus

Reply to
Bob Schmall

Aww..... An m-note would have been a prize on top of the surprise. Any way, good going.

Reply to
Leon

Thanks Leon. The biggest bill I recall having held in my hot little hands was a D-note, and that has been some time ago. The C-note has been the largest in circulation for quite a few years - I think.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Everyone's fixated on the "M-note". I understood that part. But what's a burfl? O.

Reply to
Oregon

My dad gave us a real one when we got married... "Course, it was Canadian, so only about a 3/4 M...

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Sun, Apr 11, 2004, 2:29pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Doug=A0Winterburn) says: thought I was doing it as a favor as I have never been paid for my hobbyist wooddorking. tucks an M-note in my shirt pocket

I don't have any relatives I'd be willing to do that big a favor for, let alone a friend. Nice you got paid, even tho you didn't say what your materials costs were, and how long the labor took.

So, how much an hour does it figure out to?

JOAT Don't e-mail me while I'm breathing.

Reply to
J T

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 15:25:55 +0100, LRod brought forth from the murky depths:

No, the "G" is a string, Rod.

GigoloMan got a thousand dollars from the lady. Though he says it was for wooddorking, the ex- Heidi Fleiss team has been mobilized.

----------------------------------------------- I'll apologize for offending someone...right after they apologize for being easily offended.

Inoffensive Web Design

Reply to
Larry Jaques