This blade looks very useful

8" diameter, 1/4" kerf, flat top grind....
http://www.infinitytools.com/Flat-Bottom-Crosscut-Saw-Blades/products/1484 /
http://www.popularwoodworking.com/techniques/cutting-tenons-on-a-table-saw?utm_source țedburner&utm_mediumțed&utm_campaignțed%3A+PopularWoodworking+%28Popular+Woodworking%29
Add pictures here
✖
You always have the freud box joint set too. allows 1/4 and 3/8. 2 blades. http://www.freudtools.com/p-316-box-joint-cutter-set.aspx

http://www.popularwoodworking.com/techniques/cutting-tenons-on-a-table-saw?utm_source țedburner&utm_mediumțed&utm_campaignțed%3A+PopularWoodworking+%28Popular+Woodworking%29
Add pictures here
✖
On 4/7/2012 11:12 AM, tiredofspam wrote:

FWIW if you have an extra blade you can have Forrest put on a flat grind when resharpening.
Add pictures here
✖

What makes it attractive to me is the fixed 1/4" width... a dimension that seems to come up regularly with it comes to frame and panel, tenons, box joints, etc. No "two cuts" and no setting up a dado blade that doesn't do end grain well and doesn't leave a truly flat bottom.... I'll leave it on my wish list in case someone needs to buy me a gift. ;~)
John
Add pictures here
✖

Well in all actuality 1/4" is way too wide for frame and panel doors. You do not often find plywood that is actually 1/4" thick.
Add pictures here
✖

True if you use plywood.... not so much if you make panels from solid wood where you have control over such things!
John
Add pictures here
✖

That wouldn't let you hog off 1/4" in one pass, however.
And FWIW Forrest will also sell you a box joint type pair just like the Freud, that will do a 1/4" kerf or a 3/8" kerf, with expected price markup over the Freud.
Add pictures here
✖
I have a FWII blade and it is IMHO the best blade I have. I also have a Freud Diablo, that was in my Miter saw a NICE blade. I have a Ridge dado blade Nice...
I have a Crapsman rip blade ok..
I have a bunch of other blades not worth mentioning.
I think the Forrest is worth the money... it's not just a price markup. I believe the Forrest is T4 carbide.. harder and finer than others. And they excel at leaving a smooth cut.
But for a blade that might be used infrequently, I might be tempted to try the Freud, or for about the same price if I only did 1/4" box joints. I might try the Infinity.
I like what I saw in the video relative to using it for a tenon cutter. But do I find it necessary. No, I use a plane to cleanup my tenon shoulders. But it is nice, and might eliminate the need.
On 4/8/2012 10:31 AM, Jim Weisgram wrote:

Add pictures here
✖