This a good deal

x-no-archive:yes

Someone in my town has an aolder 6 inch Jet jointer for 300.00. He says the blades are sharp. That is about the amount I have to spend on one but wanted to know whay you guys thought since I am a newbie.

Reply to
stryped

I bought a like new Delta for $200. Since then I have seen several other for about that price. Unless jointers are simply more expensive in your town...

Reply to
Toller

Reply to
marc rosen

Price seems a bit high, but price seems to depend on the area. I know if you advertised a 6" open stand Jet for $300 around here it would be gone! I would offer a bit less, maybe $250 and see what happens. Also you did not say which model, open or closed stand, price would depend on the model. Closed stand? Grab it quick!!

On sale for $475!

Greg O

Well hard to say because there are a couple models IIRC. However, for $325 (plus shipping) you could get this brand new.

Joe Bemier

Hi Stryped. It all depends on what model it is. I paid about $600 new for a nice closed base Jet 6" jointer years ago.. If it's that model, $300 is a good price, IMO.

Look on ebay, go to advanced search, and search completed listings for the specific model. That will give you a good idea.

There's some value in buying it now, vs waiting more months, hoping to get a better deal. I don't often see used jointers for sale in my area, and I live in a fairly big metropolitan area.

Reply to
bf