Thinking about purchasing

I have the chance to buy a DeWalt DW746 10" table saw with 52" rails, sliding table, out feed table, mobile base and a Forrest II dado blade. Also I can purchase a Delta 14" model 28-348 band saw. The guy also has a Porter Cable 557 plate joiner with 1000 biscuits. The guy want $600 for the table saw, $400 for the band saw, and $100 for the biscuit joiner. Based on what I can find these seem to be good deals. Does anyone have any of these machines and have any recomendations.

Thanks, Rob

Reply to
Bigdog

I have had my Dewalt TS with sliding table for about 3 years and really love it. No problems at all. It runs quiet and virtually no vibrations. As I recall, I paid about $1300 which included the sliding table, outfeed table and right table extension. Have also mounted a router under the right extension. For $600, it sounds like a very good deal as long as it's in good condition.

Joe T

Reply to
Joe T

No experience with the saw, but what type of blade is it? If it is the Forrest WWII blade, it is not a dado blade, but a combination regular blade. I do have this blade on my tablesaw and it is excellent. The blade alone costs about $115. If it is the Forrest dado set, I believe that actually runs around $250 but I don't own that one.

I have this joiner and am happy with it. Find out how old it is because some of the older models had some problems with (I think) the fence. Sorry, I can't recall exactly what the issue was. Search the group archives

for this topic.

Seems to be good deals if the machines are in good shape. Good luck.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

All of these machines were purchased around August 2005. I have seen these and cannot tell they have been used. I may be wrong on the model of the Forrest, but it is a dado set.

Rob

Reply to
Bigdog

All of these machines were purchased around August 2005. I have seen these and cannot tell they have been used. I may be wrong on the model of the Forrest, but it is a dado set.

Rob

Reply to
Bigdog

"Bigdog" wrote in news:1142097312.869413.278260 @z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Write the man a check. Now. And get back to work.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

I think you need to let me know where these are at so I can go inspect them for you. ;)

Reply to
Locutus