Things are kind of slow here on Sunday evening...

Page 2 of 2

McGuinn telling story and playing at Mac show.... I'll protect the ID of the former owner of the phone. ;~)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNqgIWu0Ng0

For the record, it was me, not Mike that made what you think is a snotty comment.
I think, (no, I know) you are being a bit sensitive for nothing. It was a light hearted comment about the fact that they, as many of us, have aged since they were in their prime. Frankly, I was flipping channels and saw them performing and was not sure who they were at first. Kind of knew them, but was trying to place the older faces with the younger performance.
The years are not very kind to the hard and fast living rock musicians.

I knew that, count the sideways chevrons.

Okay, I am perhaps a bit sensitive on the subject due to my rapidly advancing age. I see a lot of similar comments online from people who sneer at [insert name of 60s legends] without having actually been at the show in question, it gets up my nose a bit. Not all Who shows are outstanding (and frankly this one wasn't) but not much more than a year ago I saw them tear down the building at one show in particular. They really don't need to pretend they can still do it, they actually can.

I'd love to be in Roger Daltrey's condition when I'm 65--hell, I'd like to be that fit now, the bastard's stomach is flat as a Starrett ruler. Townshend has aged fairly well too since he gave up drugs and booze in time. Many others -- the ones still alive -- are in bad shape. A lifetime of booze and hard drugs and no sleep apparently catches up with one....
John Grossbohlin wrote:

play
I enjoyed it. I wasn't sure how'd they do. Did better then I expected. Did remind me how old I was, but Face Book does that everyday when I see an old buddy and your image of them is from 30 years ago. You say to yourself I don't remember him/her looking like that. Damn they didn't age well. But they're probably saying the same thing about me!
--
You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8g0WFQZHeY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEDmZPx-FMg

On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 21:35:51 -0500, "John Grossbohlin"

I am old enough to appreciate The Who and maybe because I am that old, I'd rather see Janet's boob than Pete's belly.
Mike O.