Thin Kerf Survey

Over the past months there have been several questions about thin kerf blades and replies differ very widely. Rather than just the same people giving there general experience it would be more useful if we could find any common grounds, either good or bad, that could explain the widely differing experiences.
Hopefully, people who have experience with this type of blade could answer the survey to see if their are any common threads, so that in the future we can give more definite results on this question. Perhaps if we could get enough responses we could then ask some of the manufacturers to review and comment.
Here is a proposed outline of the questions, please feel free to add your own suggestions.
Thin Kerf Survey (If you use mutilple blades in different machines, please complete for each).
Manufacturer of Blade (e.g. Freud) :
Manufacturers blade designation (e.g. Diablo):
Diamater of blade:
Blade type (Fine, General Purpose, Rip):
Additional blade stabilizers (Yes /N0):
Year of purchase:
Type of saw the blade is mounted in (Table, RAS, CMS, SCMS):
Sub Type of Saw (Bench top, cabinet, contractor)
Saw manufacturer (Delta, Grizzly etc):
Saw horse power:
Blade performande for these categories (Poor, Good, V Good):
Cross cut:
Ripping:
Mitering:
Type of work you use the blade for (general hobby,Cabinet making, furniture, house repairs.):
Amount of use (Light hobby, full hobby, semi-pro, pro)
Skill level (Beginner, advanced beginner, experienced, very experienced):
Other Comments:
Thank you
Bernard R
Added a couple of extra questions.

any
differing
we
Overall feeling for Thin Kerf (Never Again, Special occasions, Good, very happy):

Period of use (Once - took it back, All the time, Occasionally):

Work holding (Miter guide, sled, other - specify):

Type of fence (As supplied, Special (Bies, Incra etc)):

furniture,
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 00:20:57 -0500, "Bernard Randall"

Freud
Thin kerf rip

10"
24T rip

Yes and no

2001
Table saw

Contractor's saw

Jet
1 1/2

Poor - not intended for this

Good for up to 4/4 of most hardwoods, some deflection over most 4/4 hardwoods, except maybe poplar

Never tried

Furniture and cabinet making

Semi-pro
experienced
Full kerf rip blade with same teeth usually does a better job, especially on more powerful saw. I've never even bothered to mount this blade on my 3 HP saw.
Thin kerf was fine as long as you are planning to joint after ripping.
Worst results with thin kerf came when tapering legs.
Barry

we
This survey is against everything we stand for in America. There are people excluded from participation because all they have is a bandsaw or even just a handsaw. They must be permitted to take surveys also. You should also do more to encourage women with thin kerfs to participate too. What about people that would like to have thin kerf blades but cannot afford them. Perhaps you should start a program to assist them so they may participate. You can fund it by putting a non-use tax on the wood saved by use of a thin kerf blade.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Sounds like an opportunity to create another un-needed government organization to provide "thin kerf" stamps to the disadvantaged. Will Lee Valley accept US issued "thin kerf" stamps or are we stuck with just US tools stores?
The real question though is if you lacking in "thin kerfs" do you vote for Kerry or Bush?
RB

RB responds:

Give some thought to Dick Gregory.
Charlie Self "It is not strange... to mistake change for progress." Millard Fillmore

Hey, don't count people so quickly. I'm a poor, disadvantaged person in a wheelchair. I'd be happy if your government doled out free, thin kerf blades out to us. Just let me know where I can sign up. If I play up the disadvantaged part properly, do you think I could get a government supplied cabinet saw to go with that thin, kerf blade? If I'm going to get free blade, then I should also be provided the tool to use it. Makes sense, right?
Are you a veteran? You may be eligible.
I met a guy this weekend at a class at my local Woodcraft and the VA gives him a little stipend for a hobby to keep him busy. I found this to be a great use of tax dollars. Honestly, I apprreciate and respect our veterans and this guy was a Vietnam Vet who cannot work for whatever reasons.
Rich

supplied

No, I'm not. I'm Canadian with my own warped sense of humour. But hell, if there was a way to accomplish it in the US, I'd damned well try to find a way to incorporate the same thing up here. :)

Those would be considered "thin kerf". <G>
Barry