Thin floor follow up

Just thought I'd let those who participated in the thread I started last week, about thin flooring. My son finally got back to the mill and decided upon the full 1" flooring. Talking with the guy in charge there over beers, they finally settled on a price for 10" - 14" White Pine, kiln dried, at a negotiated price of $1.05 per square foot. He placed the order.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

^5 for your son. That should be a pretty floor. He'll/you'll have to post a pics link when finished.

Has he found a good deal on a planer, also? I suppose at least a 15" one.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

with pine, I think he'll be happy he went with 1" Is that S2S? and SLR on one side?

Reply to
ChairMan

Here(Dallas), i pay about 50-60 bucks per thousand bf for S2S and SLR and it's worth every penny. The time it would take to do it yourself compared to how quick they can, is just not worth the trouble

Reply to
ChairMan

Sixty cents a bd ft is what I paid, until I bought a planer. That was usually not for a large amount of lumber, though. They may have given me a better price if I had a large cache to plane.

Sonny Lafayette, LA.

Reply to
Sonny