thin card scapers

Lee Valley sells a set of card scrapers that are much thinner than the usual ones (0.25 mm vs. 06 to 0.8 mm).
Have any of you used them? Is there an advantage? Any insight?
Thanks a heap, -jbb
On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 17:16:53 GMT, "J.B. Bobbitt"

I got their set with all thicknesses and ALWAYS seem to migrate to the thicker two cards. Supposedly, the thinner cards can be used for lighter-weight work but I haven't noticed any difference between using a thick card lightly or using the thinner card.
Damn, the snow load just became thick enough to take down my satellite connection again. Wow, the flakes are about an inch and a half in diameter. It's truly lovely, 'cept for the ramifications of said powder: I have to go on the side of the roof again with my sprayer and melt some more snow to get this message sent. <sigh> Luckily, it took only 10 minutes this second time. I left the ladder up.
--- - Sarcasm is just one more service we offer. - http://diversify.com Web Applications
<snip>

The price you pay to get high speed and live in the boonies, relatively speaking....
15 years ago, I had a 3m dish, to get television better. In the mountains of Utah, it wasn't unusual to have to clear out the snow load, to get weekend football.
The cost of simultaneous isolation and constant communication gets lower every year.
Patriarch, who now only looks for the realistic illusion of being in control of his life...

I've used the thin LN scraper, and like it. It doesn't replace the thicker ones. It's more flexible, and I can get it sharper, for some reason.
The surface of the wood is more glassy, but there is a tendency to have it not be quite so flat.
If you can swing the relatively small investment, I'd suggest you get both.
Patriarch, thinking he should have ordered a couple fo gooseneck scrapers with the last LV order...