Thin adhesive backed UHMW???

I know I've seen catalogs w/ 1/16" or so 1/2"W and variations on the theme for such things as mounting on old drawer slides to compensate for wear and provide a new gliding surface but now that I am really, really, looking I can't seem to find one handy...

Anybody have a convenient source? I thought it was Klingspor or one of them, but unless I'm not looking for right thing I've struck mostly out except for 2-3 mil 3M tapes that aren't what was looking for...

--

Reply to
dpb

Woodcraft has 1/32 x 3/4 adhesive backed.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

dpb wrote in news:jdapqo$761$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

My records say I got it from Amazon, but I found it here: $7.99 for 3/4"x1/32"x10.5'

Reply to
Han

Both UMHW and Teflon tapes are absolutely marvelous.

-- [Television is] the triumph of machine over people. -- Fred Allen

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Doug Miller

Sit down before you look at the prices on the thick stuff though.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Not bad overall; they're 50-ft 1" min width rolls for 1/32" or 1/16" thicknesses so are quite a lot of material for the price. (And which is far more than I need at the moment.)

I may just bite the bullet unless can find a retailer; Woodcraft has

3/4" W rolls but only of the 1/32" thickness; I was hoping for the 1/16".

Anyway, thanks, I'll manage something...

--

Reply to
dpb

you

a bit better, total cost wise.... esp if you jump down to 1/2" width

DD_BobK

On 12/27/2011 10:42 AM, DD_BobK wrote: ...

Reply to
dpb

Well, necessity and invention and all that rot... :)

Nothing local in the UHMW-venue so started on a foraging expedition looking for suitable candidates for modification. Found inexpensive plastic trowel of suitable thickness and several widths between reinforcing ridges.

A few passes over the tablesaw to cut 3/8" wide strips and some double-sided tape and voila! the front of the dining room buffet drawer no longer drags the tops of the doors below and has almost perfectly even gaps at top/bottom again...

Total investment--$1.99 not counting the trip to/from town (which had to make anyway for mail, etc.) as had the roll of tape on hand.

--

Reply to
dpb