thick layerd paint to minimize brush marks

hi, i want to build up a thick layer of emulsion paint. to minimize brush marks should i build up the layers with the strokes all going in the same direction? or should each coat be brushed at right angles to the last one? or some other combination?
many thanks.
    Greetings and Salutations....     Ok...I DO know this is a troll *smile*.
On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 10:07:50 GMT, "jw 111"

    However, I will take time to explain that you don't get rid of brush marks by putting on thicker coats of paint. You get rid of them by using the correct brush and technique, and, giving the paint enough time to "level" it self after it is applied.     There are a number of excellent books on painting techniques, none of which are all that expensive...So I would suggest getting one.     Of course, there is always the option of spraying the paint...but, then, I suspect that you would end up with runs and sags and need to know how to get rid of them too.     Regards and have a great weekend.     Dave Mundt