There wouldn't be much to read here if all quotes were disallowed.

Page 3 of 3
I think he was referring to:
http://tinyurl.com/32av5
--

Greg

"Caution - quoting history's great people may stir feelings of inadequacy in

Sat, May 29, 2004, 1:00am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (DougMiller) Or for a different perspective... http://www.google.com/groups?as_epq=bay%20area%20donna&safe=images&ie=uTF-8&as_ugroup=rec.woodworking&lr=&hl=en11
That could well explain the med type. Well, I'm not cruel, and since there seems to be a certain lack of proper searching skills involved: http://www.midol.com /
JOAT "106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." - Elwood
"Hit it." - Joliet Jake
it's much worse; I never went ON them.
dave
Bob wrote:

Fri, May 28, 2004, 5:33pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (BayAreaDave) burbled: worst offenders: Joat, <snip>
ROTFLMAO I don't get by here a lot lately. I see you still haven't learned what an acronym is. For starts it's in all caps. I also see one of the reasons I haven't been here much lately.
Why do you all feel compelled to embellish your own thoughts with quotes
Homer, I was going to recommend you find a link to an on-line dictionary. Then realized you wouldn't use it anyway.
(often they are repeated for what seems like eternity , as a sig line)? <snip> Damn, I was about to change mine. Now I've decided to keep it as is.
Does your license plate frame say, "If you can read this, you are too close"?
Nope, but I'm thinking about one that says, "I feel like I'm being nibbled to death by pissants". When you talk, do you quote the great philosophers to spice up your conversation with friends and family?
When you talk, do you drool?
Just wondering...
Just wondering.
Hmmm, maybe they need to increase your meds again.
(Sorry I have no memorable (or STUPID and LAME) quotes to furnish with this post.)
(That's OK Homer. You more than make up for that with this [STUPID and LAME] post.)
Do you even know where this is from?
JOAT "106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses." - Elwood
"Hit it." - Joliet Jake
I'm impressed! You did an superb job of creating an entertaining post.
BTW, once in a great while, I will consult a dictionary.
I'm gonna go out on a limb, without searching the net, to guess that it is from the Blues Brothers.
cheers.
dave
J T wrote:

Sat, May 29, 2004, 4:49pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (BayAreaDave) still burbling, burbled: I'm impressed! You did an superb job of creating an entertaining post. <snip>
Eric Hoffer wrote, "Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength."
He was only partially right. Lack of rudeness in return is sometimes mistaken for weakness; therefore, rudneess is sometimes the only viable defense. The downside to rudeness in return, is that then it is often mistaken for approval of one's own rude actions.
Let me put it this way: I consider your first post rude, impolite, discriminatory, totally uncalled for, totally uncalled for, with no finesse. There was no intent whatsoever on my part to impress, and/or entrertain, you. I just figured I should be polite, rather than out-and-out calling you an asshole, and/or dipshit, in a public group.
Well, I did accomplish my goal; I got thru it without calling you any nasty names at all.
As an aside, I looked up the acronym BAD. Didn't find Bay Area Dave, but did find the following: Balls Attitude Direction Bank Account Debits Tax (Australia) Bank Avalized Draft Banque Africaine de Developpement (AFDB) Bates After Dark Bathymetric Archive Data Behind-Armor Debris Big Audio Dynamite (band) Biological Aerosol Detection Bipolar Affective Disorder British Association of Dermatologists Broadband Access Device (Sprint) Broken As Designed Bureau of Alien Detectors
JOAT If you're offered free wood, take it, period; figure out what to use it for later. - JOAT

There ya go...
djb
Damn, are you CRANKY! Bipolar, perhaps?
dave
J T wrote:

Sat, May 29, 2004, 10:11pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (BayAreaDave) burbled: Damn, are you CRANKY! Bipolar, perhaps?
Cranky? Hardly. Bipolar? Been reading your meds bottle again? I'm just enjoying the day; check my response to Dave. Hehehe
By the way Homer, at one time we had a "gentlemen's agreement" not to do this type of thing. But, your starting post negated that.
By the way, how can I be sure if this response was from the real Homer? After all, it did have capitals, and punctuation. I'm a bit suspicious, I'm thinking this one could be from a different troll. LMAO
JOAT If you're offered free wood, take it, period; figure out what to use it for later. - JOAT
trust me; I'm me. How could we have had a "gentlemen's agreement" when neither one of us is a true gentleman. I'll strive harder in the future to avoid caps and punctuation.
dave
J T wrote:

Yawn...
Reel them in Dave....
I got a few miscreants. Maybe some that I've got KF'd too, perhaps?? Life is good.
dave
David F. Eisan wrote:

Sat, May 29, 2004, 10:03pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@rogers.splinter.com (DavidF.Eisan) burbles: Yawn... Reel them in Dave....
Not at all. Fascinating. Somehow remiscent of hog-nosed snake behaviour. Hard to resist the urge to poke one, every once in awhile.
JOAT If you're offered free wood, take it, period; figure out what to use it for later. - JOAT