There is always some way to screw up

I am making a box jointed organizer. I didn't think it mattered how I assembled the sides (as long as I had the grove for the bottom on the bottom) so I didn't pay any attention to how I glued it up with TBII. An hour later I found out it was possible, and I had done it wrong. With a little difficulty I pulled it apart and reglued it. I didn't remove any of the old glue because I figured to be meaningful I would have to remove some wood, and then it wouldn't fit.
Has anyone tried regluing like this? Is it going to be okay, or should I pull it apart again and use polyurethane? Thanks. (If it has to be reglued, then I ought to be able to pull it apart easily enough, right?!)

I'd just reglue it. Box joints have so much surface area, it'll probably be fine.
I know how you feel. This week I needed a 1 5/8' wide red oak board. I ripped a board (my last one in stock) too narrow, so I glued it back together. I proceeded to rip the board too narrow again, so I glued it back together, again. Then, I did it AGAIN, for a third time! Three times was the charm though. <G>
Good luck! Barry
<snip>

Was it the turkey, or the pumpkin pie that caused this? ;-)
Patriarch
On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 21:30:22 GMT, patriarch

It happened over a two day stretch. That board REALLY wanted to be 1 1/8" wide, AKA 1/2" too narrow!.
Barry

Reminds me of the old complaint, "I've cut this damn board three times and it's STILL too short!"
John
so how much had you had to drink? a little eggnog can go a long ways
Ba r r y wrote:

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:52:02 -0700, Richard Clements
NONE!
I don't drink and saw, rout, joint, or drill.
However! I will enjoy a cold one while sanding, vacuuming, sweeping, putting away, etc... <G>
The thought of ripping after even one drink gives me the chills...
Ten fingered Barry
Ba r r y wrote:

that's the point I was making
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:52:02 -0700, Richard Clements
Despite similarities of taste and texture, I don't think it's going to replace paste wax.
Andy Dingley wrote:

Paste wax tastes better, and it's cheaper too.

if the glue was still soft enough to pull apart, the new glue will stick to it fine.
toller wrote:

Pull apart? Probably not. I did a test finger joint with really quick, half assed fingers and not enough glue, no clamps. Later, I tried to reclaim those scraps for some other purpose, and I broke one of the ~1"x2" pieces of walnut before the joint gave up.
I'd say you're fine.