The Wreck's score - 68 noise to 9 signal.

Oh I was just being a little tongue in cheek. I play over on rec.skiing.alpine some too, so I assure you I'm in no way offended by off-topic postings.

Yes! I propose that *I* make the rules, you know benevolent dictator and all.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

I beg your pardon. I am a *professional* woodworker and I take offense because almost everyone here knows more about woodworking than I do including not building something too big to get out of your basement so they all must be extremely competent and your just plain wrong and I think you're grammar is lousy too.

I'm killfiling you and every other webtv user in the world in perpetuity.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

I suggest that if you're going to critique anyone's grammar, that you take a little longer to check some of your own language skills too, such as spelling. It's "you're plain wrong" not "your plain wrong".

Reply to
Upscale

Here that should be your plane...altho I admit to getting sucked into the ID thread, all it really takes is marking one or two threads to be ignored and one will see virtually none if one doesn't wish to. That said, I resolve to bite my toungue from now on out despite how absurd Tim and Fletis become... :)

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Whose trolling who?

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Is you post part of the 89% of the 11%. Please clarify.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

hehehehe... speaking of canadian politics....nyuk, nyuk

Reply to
Robatoy

1$ billion with a "B" CDN for a gun registration plan that does not work. And a bend over policy towards the natives ... Yep, I want to move to the frozen north.
Reply to
Marc

Theaters don't have fart filters. Most ISPs offer filters that allow EASY kill filing of OT messages.

Reply to
Charlie Self

snopes is an urban myth debunking site. it's vary safe to visit.

the item I linked to is a funny bit of email chain letter that claims to be from John Cleese. it isn't, but it is funny. go read it ...

Reply to
bridger

Aussie Politics, John Howard s Father was a master carpenter.

with one screw he built a

5'10" shit house. :)

regards John

Reply to
John B

Then post it in a serious US Politics forum. Why should people have to spend a day and a half searching for a topic on woodworking in a woodworking forum to please the whim of a few who excuse themselves sometimes by saying it's OT? It's like saying liudly that you're going to fart in a theater. Don't fart there. Do it somewhere else, like alt.politics.bush. If the issues are that serious talk to your congressman instead of ranting here. ...If you really do want some serious results that is. You'll get none here.

Another thing that has already been mentioned. If the off-topic crap is stopped then some real woodworking people will return to the forum with some good ideas to offer. Instead, they leave in disgust.

Reply to
Guess who

Who's trolling?

Reply to
Robatoy

And this should be: "Who's trolling whom?"

Reply to
Steve Peterson

Irrelevant.

DAGS on UseNet nettiquette.

Reply to
fredfighter

Charlie owes me a monitor and keyboard cleaning. . . . . . . ....damn, that struck me a very funny.

Reply to
Robatoy

I also get frustrated with the number of posts off topic. Can you kill topics/posters or leave the group? Sure, but I decided to check out what the rec.woodworking FAQ said is the purpose of the group. Below is what I found. It seems reasonable to try to remind people (using self policing) to try to remain on the topic of woodworking 90% of the time. "This group is a collection of people with a common interest in woodworking (ww'ing), and as such the topics discussed sometimes wander away from strictly ww'ing. Think of this NG as if you were having a number of friends over to your shop to discuss ww'ing, 90% of the discussion will revolve around ww'ing, but you will also discuss other things going on in your life, like your shop dog dying, gloating about the vintage minty fresh Unisaur you just got for $100, just got a new job, etc. That is what we do in this NG.

Please DO NOT post off topic. If you *MUST* make an off topic post, please preface the subject with "[OT]", so those who are not interested in OT posts can skip them."

The above was pulled from searching rec.woodworking with Google. There is also a FAQ at

I tried to see if the theme of the FAQ included non-woodworking topics -- it was all woodworking.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Morin

I'm VERY happy that I had nothing I mouth when I read his post.

;-)

People, learn to use your filters. If the software you're using doesn't allow filters, then learn to skip the threads that aren't of interest or on topic.

Anything else is a waste of *your* time.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Definately is a waist of there time, irregardless.

*cringes, grimaces*
Reply to
Robatoy

On 10/7/2005 1:42 PM snipped-for-privacy@nospam.tnx mumbled something about the following:

So you start another Off Topic thread. You just increased the noise to signal ratio.

Reply to
Odinn