"The" Workbench Vice

I was looking around and found this site and their work bench vice. The short videos are wonderful.
Enjoy!
Glide Leg Vise http://www.benchcrafted.com/videos/benchcraftedglide.wmv
Roubo Bench and a little handy plane work. ;~) http://www.benchcrafted.com/videos/roubo.wmv
Wagon Vise http://www.benchcrafted.com/videos/benchcraftedtailvise.wmv
Leon wrote:

Tomorrow's my anniversary; I'm thinking the wife and I should grab a couple of cold Shiners and watch these videos together. I can't think of a more romantic thing for us to do...

Very nice. But pricey. I wondered some time ago about making a wagon wheel vise from cheapie parts such as from http://www.woodcraft.com/Family/2004875/2004875.aspx?tab=information#information .
MSC lists 3' long lengths of Acme threaded rod for $40; heavy duty hex nut for $10; 10" handwheels from $40 to $100+, depending on finish. A couple of rollerblade wheels and some assorted hardware rounds out the the leg vise. It helps if you have a metal lathe to turn down the rod ends and bore the handwheel.
The significant difference is the parallel guide and its support rollers. I imagine you can backfit rollers onto any old leg vise and get similarly good results. Rollerblade wheels are dirt cheap (almost), at $6 each with ABEC5 bearings.
With all that said, just the raw parts adds up to about $150, and still needs some non-trivial machining on the handwheel and threaded rod and nut. Maybe a packaged solution for $350 isn't so completely horrible. Galooting sure isn't cheap.