The William cooktop

Page 2 of 2

In 2002 we redid the kitchen (kitchenlet, since it is really small), and the GE stove + microwave with exhaust had to be vented by going up in the cabinet above, then through the ceiling to the outside. We never have enough real suction there and it's noisy as hell!
--
Best regards
Han
On 8/29/2010 12:23 PM, Han wrote:

I fully expect this to be the case with regard to noise, as it is 1200cfm inline blower. Wish I had a tape recording of the conversation regarding using an exterior blower instead, which the "designer" poo poohed. :(
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

I discussed a different fan (and larger duct) with the coinstruction artists, but no luck <booh>.
--
Best regards
Han

I hope you have in in writing on the estimates or designer conversation letters that you were against internals.
-- If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -- Samuel Butler
On 8/29/2010 2:39 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Haven't lived this long being naive, C-less ... everything is spec'ed, then built to spec ... you be sure and do the same, cher. ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

You betcha, ma petite. ;)
-- If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -- Samuel Butler
"Swingman" wrote

I had to install a "replacement" microwave into a cabinet in my last house. This included the vent and blower for the stove unit below. Supposedly, you could just pull out the old one and stick in the new one. Perhaps in dreams that would happen. But not in the real world
The biggest problem was that the vent from the microwave was in a different location than the old one. I had to build, from sheet metal, a new vent. To port the new vent to the old hole going out of the wall.
It took about a half hour to pull out the old unit and get the area cleaned up. It took a whole day of screwing around and fabricating parts with minimal tooling to get the new unit installed. It was nice when it was all done. But it was a bitch to install.
I never pay attention to fantasies of "Easy Installs" any more.

I'll bet they're more.

I blinked heavily when the front office gal at the dentist's office said she wanted $2,243 to do a root canal, post'n'prep, and porcelain w/ high noble crown on -one- tooth. My jaw is still bruised.
I may wear a mask and go armed into the next medical office. Two can play that game, eh? ;)
-- If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -- Samuel Butler

That would seem a fair price for the oft overlooked Optical/Rectal severance surgery. You know the one. The surgery that improves one's shitty outlook?

Niet zo ongeduldig! Wait 5 years and they will go the way of plasma TV. The pricing is up against that phenomenon called: "Screw that, too rich for my blood, a $ 500.00 unit looks just as nice and when do WE ever need 21 different pots and pans." Or this old chestnut: "Too much can go wrong." Once the tooling matrixes and silkscreens are paid for (no biggie IME) they have to be able to sell them. I expect an expensive, but short, honeymoon, then a serious price drop IF the thing even gets out of the gate. You can charge only SO much for 'cool' for only SO long. My guess? $ 3500.00 initially.
I think that is probably a good guess.