The value of money and tools

Found this on Yahoo Finance. There's been a number of questions/ discussions about how you should buy quality as it comes to tools. I think this point sums up the point really nicely:
--
People often confuse the least expensive price with the best value.
Unfortunately, the products with the least expensive prices are often

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 18:45:47 -0500, DanG wrote:

A question on protocol here, is it dishonest not to include the tax?
Or to explain the drill cost $37 and omit the $47 Forstner bits, $20 scroll saw blades, $8 shop rags, $5 glue up brushes, two shop light fixtures and corresponding 92 CRI flourescent bulbs, and an 8" stacked dado set?

I would never have thought about telling about the bits, blades, rags, bulbs, etc. Those are consumables, kinda like groceries - a fixed budget item. And taxes, well, we all know taxes are a government problem that is totally out of our hands, I just couldn't imagine mentioning taxes.
No, I don't think it is dishonest. I was talking more about maybe telling her the drill was on sale for xxxx, kinda like when she buys something because it was on sale and tells about how much she "saved".
--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG wrote:

LOL
Amen, brother.
--
This is not really a sig.

http://users.compzone.ca/george/shop /
DanG wrote:

I am totally honest about how much a tool costs. But I wait until she's asleep in the another room to tell her. ;-)
Bill
--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

And for tools you need to consider how well it will do the job, ie. accuracy, ease of use, speed, etc.
--
Charley

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Money IS a tool.