The Ultimate Earmuffs

Page 2 of 2
JOAT responds:

Given the way my waistline has, er, let's say, developed in recent years, if I hang anything from my belt, I'm almost sure to leave my pants in the shop.
Charlie Self "Inanimate objects are classified scientifically into three major categories - those that don't work, those that break down and those that get lost." Russell Baker
Fri, Aug 6, 2004, 8:47pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (CharlieSelf) frightens me with: Given the way my waistline has, er, let's say, developed in recent years, if I hang anything from my belt, I'm almost sure to leave my pants in the shop.
The very thought renders my mind numb. You might want to check into a pair of suspenders. Lowes has some good ones for around $5.
Heh heh I was in Lowes with the youngest awhile back- forget exactly how that miriacle happened - and asked a Lowes guy where the suspenders were. He says they don' got none. My kid says c'mon, and leads me right to them. I didn't even know he'd ever been in one.
JOAT Jesus was a Ford man, that's why he walked everywhere.
WALK LIKE AN EGYPTIAN http://home.maine.rr.com/itscool/Egyptian.mid
Two words.... Dolly Parton makes it a little tough to work in the shop, but.....

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 01:42:48 GMT, "L Wilson"

As long as we're going there, the best muffs are a bit further down on the body, and soft thighs beat plastic ear cups by _miles_.
The only problem with body-part muffs is that you can't -see- what you're doing when you wear them in the shop.
Suggestion: Try on the body-part muffs inside the house, then wear any old things out in the shop. I have 3 pairs of HF muffs and half a dozen Int'l Orange ear plugs to double up when I use the screaming routah. That way I can always find a pair, there's a second pair around if someone happens over when I'm in th shop, and the total cost was right around $10.
--
ALL YOUR FEARS ARE LIES
-----------------------

This is one place where HF is really good. I have about a dozen pairs of HF ear muffs. They do a good job and only cost about $3.00 each on sale. I have them scattered all over the shop and pickup (for wood cutting). My theory is that if they are handy I'll use them. I do the same thing with safety goggles.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
Mon, Aug 2, 2004, 9:04pm snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (JayPique) claims: I would like to have a pair of earmuffs that do all of the following functions: <snip>
I'll take a pair that can do 1 and 6.
JOAT The highway of fear is the road to defeat. - Bazooka Joe JERUSALEM RIDGE http://www.banjer.com/midi/jerridge.mid
On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 21:26:33 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

<shuffling through piles of crap>
Now *where* did I put my Idiot's Guide to Writing a Business Plan?
JP ************* Planning. Dreaming.
"Jay Pique" wrote in message

Look for where you left the Idiot's Guide to Staying Organized and you'll probably find it. LOL.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04
JOAT The highway of fear is the road to defeat. - Bazooka Joe JERUSALEM RIDGE http://www.banjer.com/midi/jerridge.mid
On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 10:51:06 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Heh. Yeah - I'm as blonde as they come every now and again. Those are like the Really REALLY Ultimate Earmuffs.
JP ************ 'Muff said.