The Ultimate Earmuffs

This is not a patentable idea since it is available to the public now, before one has been produced.

If you want to patent something, don't post your idea on usenet. Don't tell anyone other than NDA'd consultants until at least the PPA has been received by the USPTO.

-Mike

Reply to
Mike Reed

Heh. Yeah - I'm as blonde as they come every now and again. Those are like the Really REALLY Ultimate Earmuffs.

JP

************ 'Muff said.
Reply to
Jay Pique

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 12:18:51 GMT, "M Wingett" calmly ranted:

The $2 sets already come with most of those specs filled, but they don't have the phone connection set.

But I'm a firm believer in the "If I'm in the shop, I don't want to talk on the phone." style. Though I did install a phone there ($5 phone with $5 rebate), I very seldom answer it unless I've finished the task at hand. Y'know: waiting for glue to dry or something like that. I see no reason for a cell phone, either. Shop time is "away" time. I find that I sometimes leave the muffs on even though there are no tools running for the peace and quiet. No neighbor dogs barking, no crows cawing, no cows mooing, no Harleys brappin', no phones ringing, etc.

- - - Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever. ---

Website Application Programming for YOU!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I don't mind talking on the phone in the shop, but, like you, I don't jump for it immediately when it rings--if I even hear it. Loss of hearing, tinnitus and loud tools (muffled, now, by ear plugs or muffs) all contribute. At times, too, it's downright dangerous to drop things and grab the phone.

I do it the simple way. Take a cordless handset out to the shop. Some day, I may actually get a dual handset model, because I have been known to get a memory blip and leave the handset out in the shop overnight, which does the battery no good at all and leaves me without a shop phone when I need to call out.

Calls out are the province of the shop phone, IMO. They are safety items should your wood rack collapse and knock you to the floor or another such incident occur.

Charlie Self "Inanimate objects are classified scientifically into three major categories - those that don't work, those that break down and those that get lost." Russell Baker

Reply to
Charlie Self

Fri, Aug 6, 2004, 7:27am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie=A0Self) says: I have been known to get a memory blip and leave the handset out in the shop overnight, which does the battery no good at all and leaves me without a shop phone when I need to call out.

Mines got a clip on it, so you can hang it on your belt. Or, just keep it in a pocket instead of setting it down. Then, as long as you don't leave your pants in the shop, you're set.

JOAT Jesus was a Ford man, that's why he walked everywhere.

WALK LIKE AN EGYPTIAN

J T

JOAT responds:

Given the way my waistline has, er, let's say, developed in recent years, if I hang anything from my belt, I'm almost sure to leave my pants in the shop.

Charlie Self "Inanimate objects are classified scientifically into three major categories - those that don't work, those that break down and those that get lost." Russell Baker

Reply to
Charlie Self

Two words.... Dolly Parton makes it a little tough to work in the shop, but.....

Reply to
L Wilson

Fri, Aug 6, 2004, 8:47pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie=A0Self) frightens me with: Given the way my waistline has, er, let's say, developed in recent years, if I hang anything from my belt, I'm almost sure to leave my pants in the shop.

The very thought renders my mind numb. You might want to check into a pair of suspenders. Lowes has some good ones for around $5.

Heh heh I was in Lowes with the youngest awhile back- forget exactly how that miriacle happened - and asked a Lowes guy where the suspenders were. He says they don' got none. My kid says c'mon, and leads me right to them. I didn't even know he'd ever been in one.

JOAT Jesus was a Ford man, that's why he walked everywhere.

WALK LIKE AN EGYPTIAN

J T

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 01:42:48 GMT, "L Wilson" calmly ranted:

As long as we're going there, the best muffs are a bit further down on the body, and soft thighs beat plastic ear cups by _miles_.

The only problem with body-part muffs is that you can't

-see- what you're doing when you wear them in the shop.

Suggestion: Try on the body-part muffs inside the house, then wear any old things out in the shop. I have 3 pairs of HF muffs and half a dozen Int'l Orange ear plugs to double up when I use the screaming routah. That way I can always find a pair, there's a second pair around if someone happens over when I'm in th shop, and the total cost was right around $10.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

This is one place where HF is really good. I have about a dozen pairs of HF ear muffs. They do a good job and only cost about $3.00 each on sale. I have them scattered all over the shop and pickup (for wood cutting). My theory is that if they are handy I'll use them. I do the same thing with safety goggles.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass