The U.S. Government Is Trying To Take Away Your Pocket Knives!

Page 8 of 8
On Jun 13, 9:31am, "John Grossbohlin"

I don't understand why people are getting worked up about this. They're talking about assisted knives and one-handed operation. That's the territory of the Americans with Disabilities Act. So let the two branches of government fight it out. Kind of like tossing a meat bone to a couple of dogs so they fight each other instead of you.
RicodJour wrote:

You don't have a utility knife - the kind where you push a tab and the blade extends?

I don't think the VA police would let a visitor bring such a weapon into the hospital. For reasons of prior unpleasant experiences. Would you like me to ask my friendly Manhattan VA Officer?
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

The issue is not the VA; the issue is whether you could take a utility knife to the job site - actually whether you could BUY a utility knife to take to the job site. More specifically, whether you could buy a knife that had been imported so you could take it to a job site. That wasn't a VA hospital.
My head hurts.
RicodJour wrote:

You mean like OSHA requiring construction vehicles to have an ear piercing beep when backing up, then requiring ear muffs so the beeps don't hurt your ears:-)
--
Jack
On Jun 13, 8:31am, "John Grossbohlin"

The above quote says "spring- and release-assisted opening mechanisms..." How does that apply to a pocketknife that you have to pull open?
karmstrn wrote:

It doesn't. Read more. They're after knives that can be opened with one hand.