The truck came and went......

and left behind my new planer and tablesaw from Grizzly. Now I just have to finish preparing the shop and hopefully they will move in no later then Saturday.

SteveP.

Reply to
Highland Pairos

I hate it when that happens. Congrats and happy sawdust making! SH

Reply to
Slowhand

So which Grizzly models are we talking about? BTW, you suck.

Highland Pairos wrote:

Reply to
Joe_Stein

The 1023sl, and the 15" closed stand planer came today the 8x75 jointer and the harbor freight DC are on backorder. I just finished the framing in the shop that I wanted to do so I will be carting the tools from the garage down to the shop tonight.

SteveP.

Reply to
Highland Pairos

Steve,

Sounds like our shops will ending up looking very similar. I just finished the 2-year construction of my small shop. I set up my 1023L last week. I love it. Monday I ordered the 8 X 75 jointer, 15 planer with closed stand, 17" 2hp bandsaw, combo sander, and 20" drill press. I bought the HF dust collector last week and just installed the Wynn upgrade a few days ago. It works great but is sucking chips from the bottom of the bag up into the cartridge. I'm experimenting installing various fins in the airstream to break up the tornado. They told me the jointer was in stock and I have not received any notification that it is on backorder. I'll be curious to hear how your Grizzly machines work out once they arrive. I'll report on mine too.

Best of luck, John.

Reply to
JC

Hi Steve,

I picked up my 1023SL about a month ago from Overnite fright. Had to rent a liftgate from Budget since Overnite would only drop it at my curb - downhill and 150 ft from my shop.

Anyhow, you are going to really like this saw! After taking my time to set it up (which actually did not require any major adjustments), I am really surprised with the quality of this machine. Being an amateur for 16+ years, this was what I regarded as my "final upgrade" TS.

You will also be pleased with the Shop Fox fence. I checked out the latest Craftsman TS (around $900) with the Bies fence before I opted for the Griz. The Shop Fox will not disappoint - it is a hefty monster that is very accurate.

Have fun and be safe!

Lou

Reply to
loutent

oh dam they left my tools at your house now im going to have to call them lol really cogats and enjoy the new tools work safe jim

A MAN WITH THE RIGHT TOOLS CAN SURE SCREW THINGS UP

Reply to
JAMES Mankin

jc to help with your dust colection prob just get a metle trash can and a cyclon lid jim

A MAN WITH THE RIGHT TOOLS CAN SURE SCREW THINGS UP

Reply to
JAMES Mankin

I would love to hear how your DC efforts go. I also got the Wynn filter. Did you get the new one designed for that DC or the one that you have to make the donut for? I plan on running a 6" main, and am concerned about not being able to put a separator between the main and the DC because all of the separator lids I have heard about use 4" inlets and outlets. I just received an e-mail that my "backordered and expected at the end of February" jointer is on a truck and will be at the terminal on Monday. WHOOHOO. I picked up the supplies to run the 220v service for the 3 machines today and will install that tonight or tomorrow. I plan to clean cosmoline tomorrow and set-up the machines on Sunday. (I promised my dad that I would wait for him to come up, so he could have some fun too.)

Reply to
Highland Pairos

I paid 69.00 bucks and got liftgate service from Overnight. The issue that concerned me was the 1 inch lip into my garage. I was concerned that a pallet jack that is made for warehouse floors would not be able to get over it. I had a few back up plans to deal with it. Fortunately the Overnight driver was pretty good with his jack and got everything into my garage without a problem. I finished prepping the basement that afternoon and my friend and I used an appliance dolly from U-Haul to take the saw and planer around to the shop. The saw was not bad. The planer was a stone cold B*#@h.

The cool thing that I discovered is that the 7' rails that I got do not appear to be extensions of the standard rails but instead replace them completely. That means I can put the regulars on my old saw if I decide to.

SteveP.

Reply to
Highland Pairos