The Towers bedroom project, Completed!

So you're not the only one with talent.

Nice job, both of you.

jc

Reply to
Joe

Lots of Domino's in the towers 100+, about 40 on the bed and 4 in the light bridge. The Domino was a real time saver and the accuracy was key on the towers. Several Domino's in half of the tower outer panels, and 32 Domino's to join the fixed shelves and 4 outer panels on each tower. I used stub ttnnons on the panels that had framed panels.

Reply to
Leon

Exactlly! I highly recomend the ........ Festool Domino... Bet you did not see that one coming.. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Thank you Joe

Reply to
Leon

Well, once it's designed in Sketchup, then you're obligated to build it. It also occurs to me should you start selling the plans, it shouldn't be too difficult to offer optional widths of the light bridge depending on the width of the bed a customer has.

I also thought for those people who are space constricted, it shouldn't be too difficult to insert a full size roll up film screen in the light bridge. Hell, I can think of a dozen different options one could use your tower setup for.

Reply to
Upscale

I'm guessing your Domino contribute significantly in the building of the entire project. I wonder how much increased building time would have been needed if you'd had to build it entirely out of tenon and mortise construction.

Reply to
Upscale

Steve's not thinking far enough ahead. There's wife approved significant new tool purchase attached to building one of these.

Reply to
Upscale

"Leon" wrote in news:B4qdnYU5n5lSZznWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Thanks, Leon, I got it. Will look at it later. And I appreciate it very much. I will likely ask questions, since I am a rank amateur woodworker, and definitely an absolute newbie with SU (but I do have Cutlist).

Reply to
Han

Do you have Cutlist 4.0 the plug in for Sketchup or Cutlist Plus the stand alone optimization program?

I have both and use Cutlist 4.0 to import from Sketchup into Cutlist Plus.

Reply to
Leon

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 09:37:40 -0500, the infamous "Leon" scrawled the following:

OMFG! The connecting bridge between the towers mad a big change, Leon. That (lovely set) is scaled for no less than a 20' x 30' bedroom. ;)

Whatcha got, maybe 200 c/f of storage space in that thing? It's perfect for houses without any closets or dressers, huh?

Nicely done, but I still can't get over the sheer size of that thing.

Sign me: Puny insect.

-- If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -- Samuel Butler

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:02:59 -0500, the infamous Upscale scrawled the following:

Excellent idea, Uppy. Go for it, Leon.

-- If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -- Samuel Butler

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 15:38:22 -0500, the infamous "Leon" scrawled the following:

--bit o' snippage--

Holy Shit, Batman. You could have taken several bedrooms (1,500 s/f) and turned them into the shop, Leon.

Of course it does. It makes it all one piece!

-- If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -- Samuel Butler

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ah never really considered that. LOL

Reply to
Leon

Yeah it did. Well it might be a little small for a 600' room. I'm not finished, I am planing on replacing our current dresser with a larger one in the same theme. ;~)

It is not tooo intimidating. I think a camera with a different lens would put things a bit more in perspective. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

"Leon" wrote in news:aMednSHQVPz1eznWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Leon,

On second thought maybe I will show her. I sure could use a drum sander for smoothing out the veneers, and a domino to speed up the mortise and tenon work. She loves the mission/arts and crafts style, so slowly I have been replacing our existing furniture with that style. She's a keeper so I will show her your bedroom after all. At least that way she can decide which she wants first a new dining table or a new bedroom set.

Again great work and thanks for showing it off, Steve

Reply to
Steve

Steve wrote in news:Xns9D41EB457E83Frendaratcheerfuldotc@207.246.207.163:

A nice bandsaw will help you get the most out of your wood, but that might be pushing it. ;-)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

"Leon" wrote in news:qJOdnbrZlcV60TjWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I still spend far too much time on my job and not enough on my hobbies. I believe I have those Cutlist things (I know I paid some good money), but I confess that I don't (yet) use them to full effect. Retiring late this year and then ...

Reply to
Han

going to work in a smaller room. Very clear now. That is a beautiful addition that provides all of the storage you could possibly need in one very neat package using minimal floorspace.

Nice Work!

RonB

Reply to
RonB

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 00:45:37 -0500, the infamous "Leon" scrawled the following:

A glutton for punishment, you is, Leon mon.

Put a human in there next to it for perspective and I'll bet there's no difference in the intimidation factor. ;)

-- If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. -- Samuel Butler

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 00:41:02 -0500, the infamous "Leon" scrawled the following:

All it'll cost you is some extra doors, an exterior garage door, and a different HVAC unit and sub-panel for the new shop area.

Oh, and some QuietRock paneling, to keep the shop noise out of the house.