The Towers bedroom project, Completed!

Well the Tower Bedroom project is completed. My wife will add curtains to the tower cubby openings and I will add a organizable storage unit in each of those storage areas. For all practical purposes the project is complete as designed.

Thanks for all the past comments and please have another look at the end results.

Leon

answered that question. Where is the light switch? Are the lights dimmable?

I like the cubby holes.

Where is the beer cooler and big screen TV? ;-)

Looks good. I imagine the missus is very pleased.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

There are two, 5 white light LED's ineach lamp and each lamp has its own dimmer. I built a swivel mount for each lamp so that they can be aimed at the towers for reflective light or straight down or towards the center of the bed. They will turn up in power to almost too much light. Each lamp halso has a rocker switch of on and off. I did however add a pull chain switch to the back side of the light bridge as a master switch on each side. I bought the lamps at Lowes.

They are very handy for hiding the clutter that normally shows up on the bed side table. Additionally the front side of the cubby actually opens, the muntin door, to expose more hard to reach areas in case you need to get in farther.

No beer cooler. ;~) There is however a 32" LCD TV mounted to the wall over the bedroom door. Our ceilings are 10' tall so it was an easy fit. I ran a

50' component cable from the HDDVR in the livingroom to the bedroom TV and use RF controllers so that we can watch TV and use the living room HD DVR.

Thank you! My wife is pleased. BTY she made the Nlack White and Red quilt that is pictured on the bed.

Reply to
Leon

it all as a whole it resonates with me. I will make sure NOT to show this to Angela.

Reply to
Robatoy

Excellent! I wasn't sure about the design before, but now that I see it all as a whole it resonates with me. I will make sure NOT to show this to Angela.

Thank you Sir! I can admit that the early tower pictures looked like a design that was incomplete. Basically they looked unfinished until I added the top caps to integrate with the light bridge. Because I only recently finished the light bridge design I was not sure how the towers would be finished off. That was part of the plan. LOL

Reply to
Leon

"Robatoy" wrote

Excellent! I wasn't sure about the design before, but now that I see it all as a whole it resonates with me. I will make sure NOT to show this to Angela.

Smart move.

It would be an incredible amount of work (and expense) to make such a project out of granite. :-)

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Mighty magnificent, as usual, Leon!

When you get mine finished, bring it on over and I'll see if Linda will help you unload it.

;)

Reply to
Swingman

You realize of course that you should sell these plans as a complete package. I figure $25 for the full set should suffice. Either market them yourself or put them out on a few dozen woodworking tool such as Lee Valley Tools.

Should pay for a few toys and regular trips down to the Bahamas.

Reply to
Upscale

Fantastic workmanship!!!!!! Sure wish I had the guts to tackle something of this magnitude.

Reply to
rmorton

...I LOVE the bed design! Very cool...

cg

Reply to
Chasgroh

--------------------------------- That's some boudoir young man.

Enjoy.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

justice.

;-)

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Hummmmm I may revisit that. Years a go when I was doing 2D drawings I considered doing that but with 2D there was too much chance of error. With

3D Sketchup, an error is a glaring sore thumb and easy to correct. I totally depended on my drawings with few dimensions. Cutlist 5.0 and Cutlist Plus pretty much told me how to cut the pieces.
Reply to
Leon

No kiddd'n.

Thank you, again.

Reply to
Leon

;~) Me too. Had I not designed it with Sketchup it may not have ever gotyen off the ground. I had no concept of the project in July of last year. Starting in October and finishing sometime in November of last year the towers were complete, December 1, the bed platform, foot and head boards were complete in time for the new king sized bed. Through January I built the 18 drawers for the under bed storage and made the 8 cherry muntins, all with half lap jointery, to fit inside the upper panel openings in the head and foot boards. With a hardship in the family it took me several more weeks to complete the light bridge.

THANK YOU.

Reply to
Leon

Thank you!

Reply to
Leon

You reck'in? Actually I plan on building a matching armoire/dresser. Something to replace the dresser I built a few months before moving into our new home 29 years ago. ;~)

Havnot designe "that" yet.

Thank you Lew.

Reply to
Leon

No Kidding!

We just cannot seem to talk ourselves into moving into a bigger house, especially since this one was paid off in 1997. My wife and almost pulled the trigger on a new home last weekend. We liked a 3087 sq foot new home... Price was very right, $121,999. I did not like the garage.

Actually with the addition of the light bridge between the towers the room looks bigger, believe that or not. ;~)

Thank you!

Reply to
Leon

Max