The Tower bedroom progress

Page 2 of 2
On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 13:05:34 -0500, the infamous "Lee Michaels"

Oh, of course. (We thought you might have had a less than willing bed partner.)
-- Every day above ground is a Good Day(tm). -----------

Nothing like a little persuasion, huh?
On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:34:27 -0600, the infamous "Leon"

Crikey, that's just wunnerful. How have you adapted to the nosebleeds while sleeping at that altitude? (Oops, I forgot that I just said I'd stop funnin' ya. Cancel that.)
-- Every day above ground is a Good Day(tm). -----------

I think you're going in the right direction and think that your design is attractive. Have you considered making some of the drawers under the bed very deep, for the storage of quilts and other bulky things?
--
Nonny

Thank you.
I had considered deeper, when I was only going to go with a single row of drawers. When I learned that our new mattress did not have to have a lower box springs I decided to go with a double row of drawers and shorten each row bit.
Not to worry, I have already built my wife a quilt rack that is food for a dozen or so quilts. She is a quilter.
The towers, the night table replacements could hold 5 or 6 quilts each in the upper cabinets.
On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:12:06 -0600, the infamous "Leon"

Ya sure coont prove that by the pics. OK, I'll stop funnin' ya.

Why did you move up? Weren't you happy with queenie? Just turning those king mattresses takes two people. I'm happy with my new/used queen, solid foam-rubber mattress. 6" of firm heaven!
-- Every day above ground is a Good Day(tm). -----------

Nothing like a comfy bed.
When ever my wife and I go on a trip we usually stay in a King sized bed. Going back to a queen is Ok but we were sorta looking for a new bed anyway and went a head and decided to bite the bullet and go bigger.
Our new one is a S&F with a 5" pillow top, 14" tall total, no box springs. I have been having problems laying on either of my shoulders and when I laid on this one in the store my shoulders did not hurt when I laid on my side. We tried one of those whale blubber Tempuredics and while they are well liked by many, my shoulder hurt on those too until I stayed still for about 15 seconds and then the pain went away. Any movement world cause the pain to return for about 15 seconds. I have a neighbor that has the Tempurpedic on a 4 poster bed and asked me to help him rotate it... Geeez I think both of had a death grip on the mattress with both hands and our feet were secure against the bed posts and then we grunted a lot.
On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 11:49:00 -0600, the infamous "Leon"

The only advantage I can see is footroom. I'm only 5'11" and my footsies are a bit cramped in a queen, but since I sleep alone, I can sleep diagonally if I want.

Where the hell do you find sheets for a monster like that?

I go to sleep on my side, too, and that's why I prefer the foam.

Tempurpedics are way overvalued and underworthy, IMNSHO. They're kinda HOT to sleep on, too.

No modern mattress is lightweight, that's for sure.
-- Every day above ground is a Good Day(tm). -----------

Try it at 6'4". I use a California King (albeit H20).

Mine is, when empty :-)
scott

You must not have a waveless. Mine, when drained, weighs about 300 pounds. Can't get all the water out.

If you can get really good siphoning action (a large drop using a hill, etc), you can get a great deal of the water out of even a waveless. Not all of it, but it is manageable.

Rob Leatham

Those towers have been in there how long and you haven't moved over the picture on the wall yet? Tsk tsk...
-Kevin

Towers have been in there about 4 weeks. There is going to be much more added to the room. New tall dresser and a light bridge between the towers and an area to hang misc clothing. Not sure which wall is going to picked for one or two of the additions yet. And there is also the LCD TV that is going to be hung on the wall.