The Tower bedroom progress

Page 1 of 2
As many of you may know I have been working on a bed room over haul. I posted pictures several weeks ago of the Towers and now we have the bed head board, foot board, and under bed storage in place.
I still need to add the 18 under bed drawers, 8 muntins for the upper sections of the head and foot boards to match the tower center door muntins and caps for the bed posts. I'm currently waiting on the Bridge City Tools Kerf Maker to help with the 192 half lap joint cuts for the 8 muntin assemblies.
The progress so far
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/4181065689/in/set-72157622991960362 /
The video of moving day, comical, short, and very low resolution. For those of you that thought the bedroom may be getting a little small. ;~)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/4181066023/in/set-72157622991960362 /
On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 09:47:03 -0600, the infamous "Leon"

"May be" he says, as Larry notes that the dresser drawers can't even be fully opened in that space...
You fuel! A cockroach would get claustrophobia in there! ;)
Fess up: Is this really a test lab for enclosed spaces?
P.S: Why didn't you call Swingy to make a larger MBR for you?
--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance
Larry Jaques wrote:

Hmm - methinks this is the fate that befalls those who've spent everything to support their Festool addiction.
;-)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Methinks you're right. Can I "neener" now, huh, huh, huh?
HF RULES! With the money I saved last year by buying HF tools instead of FesteringWoundToTheWalletTools, I reroofed my pumphouse and put up a new carport.
--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance
Larry Jaques wrote:

WARNING: The Surgeon General has determined that Harbor Fright tools are bad for your blood pressure.
Festool drools, er... rulz!
<Actually, drooling over Festool will decrease blood pressure and mitigate the need for diuretics.>
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

All of my Festool tools have more than paid for them selves and helped me earn more money.....
Leon wrote:

Wished I could say that ... of course, it's only been ten days that I crowbarred my wallet for the FS 75, CT22E, RTS400, RO 125, and various accessories/accessory kits.
Might take a couple more days to recoup the investment ...
Aye, the slope is indeed slippery with sloap! Thanks for the push! :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

With the CT22E dust collection you get pay back in other ways other than money in your pocket. Certainly a safer environment, not breathing in all that dust and bringing all that dust home with you. Clean up is faster and easier.
On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:05:07 -0600, the infamous "Leon"

Ditto my HF tools, Ryobi drill and portable tablesaur. Ditto my real tools, like the Bosch Impactor, the ancient (pre-China, I believe) Delta CMS, and the Knight planes.
I'll bet my ROI was -much- shorter than yours.
-- Every day above ground is a Good Day(tm). -----------

The Dane gets the bed, Leon strings a hammock between the two towers.
The Dane gets the bed, Leon strings a hammock between the two towers.
Hummm... Actually, like all of our dogs, none get in the furniture or beds. The Dane was afraid to set foot in the bed room for about a week. She prefers her kennel, bed, or under my desk, and that is a sight to see.
Snip
"May be" he says, as Larry notes that the dresser drawers can't even

Fortunately ;~) the storage unit was moved back from the dresser about 30" after attaching the head and foot boards.
Fortunately the mattress and box springs, which were also in the way of walking, opened up about 30 more inches after we put them back in place.
On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:47:05 -0600, the infamous "Leon"

Giving you 34" on one side and 14" on each of the other two? Got it.
--
Don't forget the 7 P's:
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance
wrote in message

That all probably came out wrong... ;~) I measured and currently have 33" on both sides at the narrowest points and 37" between the foot board and dresser.
That was 41" on both sides and 37" between the foot board and dresser the precious 28 years. Going from the Queen to the King we lost between 6 and 7 square "usable" feet for the whole room.
Leon wrote:

LOL I spoze we are using that extra 8" on each side.....
I will have 18 drawers under there, inside measurements will be18" wide x 24" deep by 5.75" tall. The bed storage cabinet is what the bed is setting on now, I just have to fill it up with drawers. LOL I'll have just under 26 cubic feet of storage under the bed.
"Leon" wrote

drawer systems.
One standard feature I would include, either under the bed or under the headboard, was a "shotgun holder'. This was a hidden storage compartment that was easily opened to allow instant access to a shotgun. I also have built small, lockable compartments behind a movable headboard to hold hand guns.
For home defense purposes, of course.

Thanks for that idea. If I am ever commitioned to build another I'll certainly keep the secret location in mind.
Leon wrote:

Some folks would find lockable compartments suitable for holding whips and chains to also be useful (don't want the _kids_ to find out that Mommy and Daddy are kinky). Be sure to include appropriate attachment points for the chains.

:~O