the three virtues of a great woodworker

some of you might already know about the three virtues of a great programmer
they are laziness and impatience and hubris
but i wonder if those apply also to great woodworkers or do we need to define a new set
On 03/07/2016 10:24 AM, Electric Comet wrote:

I prefer: A labourer uses his hands. A craftsman uses his hands and his head. An artist uses his hands, head and heart. Graham
On Sun, 3 Jul 2016 10:30:03 -0600

not bad
i think laziness plays a part though impatience sometimes comes into play
see the previous thread on making prototypes
not sure how hubris would make a better woodworker i guess insisting on a job well done no matter what

The three virtues apply to woodworking. Be lazy, don't screw up pieces (if you can avoid it) so they have to be remade. Be impatient and sharpen your tools. They're called dull tools because they're boring to use. Hubris is simple: Make your work in such a way that you'll be proud to show it off.
Puckdropper