The things we do for friends. Cutting down doors.

Bottom line: It went fine. I crosscut the bottoms using the old "slab of foam insulation on the floor" technique. For the rips I used a roller stand on the infeed and my router table as an outfeed table. I built the router table at just the right height to serve as an outfeed table. I fed the pine doors standing in front of and to the right of the fence, with a constant force in toward the fence. My friend guided them at the outfeed end.

Before we cut the doors we practiced with an old hollow-core door that I had around.

"If you don't practice on scrap, you're practicing on your project," as they say.

Thanks to all for the various kinds of advice.

Reply to
Vince Heuring

Congrats on a job well done. I'm very happy for you (and athe wives) that it went well!

Glenna

Reply to
Glenna Rose

LMAO!