The tale of TWO Lee Valley Parcels.

So finally, we get some truth out of you. For some reason, you refuse to pick up the phone and that puts the solution squarely in your court. You obviously like LV's products if as you claim, you spent upwards of $1800.00 in recent years. Considering all the whining you've done here, wouldn't it have been much simpler to spend five minutes on the phone?

But I know the answer to these questions. You want special treatment and you're going to punish LV by spiting yourself until you get it. I've got to admit, that's pretty funny.

Reply to
Upscale

I have the same situation with UPS. The place where I drop parcels off is only about 2 miles away in a good neighborhood. The place where I pick them up is much further away in a 'less hospitable' locale.

I've taken to telling retailers that if their shipment is gonna require a signature from UPS, then cancel my order. Seems to be working so far. They've been shipping UPS but without the need for a signature.

Reply to
replyonline

What does agoraphobia have to do with burning $20 in gas and driving for an hour to get to a store? Then wandering endless isles, standing at the checkout for 20 minutes, then driving an hour to get home I have better things to do with my time.

And you are a moron.

Reply to
jimmy

Probably closer to $2500, but I don't keep track. I was buying staples, sand paper, saw blades, etc, not exotic tools. I have since found suppliers that better suit my lifestyle. They deliver to my door.

I spent twice that at Futureshop over the same period until they stopped delivering to my door.

If you value my business then deliver to my door. As a business person myself I also support their choice of not delivering to my door.

Reply to
jimmy

You should have spent the money on a therapist and meds.

Reply to
Frank Drackman

A year ago I phone Lee Valley and asked about home delivery and was told it wasn't available. Did I make a big stink? No I didn't. Did I tell them was taking my business elsewhere. No I didn't. I thanked the Lee Valley rep and that was that. I started looking for supplier I could get to deliver to my door.

Until the other day I said nothing about this. ALL I said was I quit being a Lee Valley customer because I had to pick up at the post office.

I was repeatedly called a liar in this group. Rob Lee confirmed what I said confirming I am not a liar. He called me anonymous. I gave him an order number which he has so far refused to acknowledge anyway. I'm sure he has his reasons although I don't know what hey might be.

If anyone needs meds it several of the posters in this group. I was the one attacked for no reason what so ever.

Reply to
jimmy

His therapy would be covered under Canada's health insurance. The meds may be covered under private health insurance. The problem is that he thinks he's sane and everyone else is crazy.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

Well, there's mistake number one. How can you expect a company to magically change its policy if they don't even know you have a problem with it?

Just because he hasn't done something doesn't mean he has refused to do so. Stop making things up.

You were attacked for bad-mouthing Lee Valley when your problem is with Canada Post.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

You could always LIVE CLOSER, you know.

Sheesh, we have to do everything, don't we?

Reply to
Brian Henderson

And you're still trying to get attention with your bull. Robin said that UPS or Fedex will not deliver to a post office box. That's never been in dispute. What I did tell you and it was something I confirmed with Lee Valley customer service, is that there's UPS available if you'd only take the time to ask for it and provide a full street address, NOT a P.O. Box.

You've were given a phone number to call and you've refused to do that. The fact is, that you *are* a liar by stating that delivery from Lee Valley is only available by post. Delivery is available by other methods like UPS which has nothing to do with the post office and has nothing to do with Lee Valley denying you service. All of this is centred around your refusal to pick up the phone. Apparently, you enjoy playing the poor abused customer solely for the attention you get from it. Time to grow up.

Reply to
Upscale

No. Lee Valley does not need to use Canada Post. It's just cheaper for them to do so. I respect their business decision and didn't complain for that reason. I don't expect a company to change for me.

Reply to
jimmy

Closer to what? I have almost EVERYTHING I buy delivered to my door.

Next week a new gas range. You really think I want to pick that up.

Home Depot will deliver me anything for $60. Email the order and it's in my yard the next day. If I add my time it costs me twice that to go to the store and haul the stuff home in my truck.

Picking stuff up, hauling stuff away is some sort of macho thing, like not asking directions.

Take yard refuse. In almost every community there are guys advertising in the paper to pick it up and haul it away for very little more than the price of gas. Why they do this I have no idea. I had a TON of gravel (2200 pounds) delivered from 45 miles away for $30 bucks. What would it have cost me in time and gas to pick that up with a half ton?

Lee Valley and Futureshop disappoint me because they have such great shopping websites. Not because I can't buy elsewhere. Like I told Rob Lee I don't shop around. Once I find a company I like I buy everything I need from them even if some stuff is cheaper elsewhere.

Reply to
jimmy

Every Lee Valley order has my FULL street address. One year ago I asked if I could get delivery to my door and was told no. I use WEBSITES to shop and place orders. I'm not going to jump through a bunch of hoops on the phone with every order and pay considerably more if I don't have to do that.

I like to place an order on my computer and wait for my doorbell to ring. I support companies that make this process easy for me.

How 'simple' do I have to make this for you.

Reply to
jimmy

Then what is the point in this protracted whine?

Reply to
Doug Miller

My suggestion is to walk away from the keyboard for a while and objectively review the current situation. Somehow in the space of three days you have managed to make a bunch of people think that you are a jerk. What can you learn from this?

Is there a problem with your communication skills?

Did you try to make a bigger deal of the issue than was required?

Did you get in over your head and were too stubborn to admit your were wrong?

If you were starting over what changes would you make?

Reply to
Frank Drackman

Do they make home visits? :o)

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Only psychiatry is covered, and it'd be something like a 2 - 5 year waiting list *if* he could get the referral.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

I'm a typical semi antisocial woodworker with a lower than normal tolerance for idiots?

Reply to
jimmy

No -- that would be the rest of us.

Reply to