The tale of TWO Lee Valley Parcels.

Page 3 of 6

Must be.

Yeah the Postal Service in the US has been going in this direction for several years now. It sucks.

The ONLY way to fight back is refuse to do business with companies that don't offer the option of delivery to your door. Lee Valley is one of them I'm afraid.
I've received packages, from LV and also from an individual shipping via Xpresspost; Canada Post leaves the boxes at my front door!
(I'm in a "super mailbox" area.)
- Daniel

That is a call Canada Post can make IF they choose because there is no nearby Postal Station and home delivery is cost effective. You are one of the lucky ones, but in the minority at least here in BC. You could lose that service at any time. In fact if you phone Canada Post and ask they will tell you it's against policy.:)

I should have said that it's scary that Canada Post just leaves boxes lying out in the open, on my porch, unattended. I would expect Canada Post to be more careful esp with Xpresspost packages because they are insured and CP would be liable for any losses. I for one would prefer that my package be held at a local post office for pickup. Thankfully, nothing has been stolen yet, as far as I know....
(Have you contacted LV and asked them to offer different shipping methods for online orders? In your situation I can understand why Canada Post is a poor shipping choice; mention your situation to LV because they do listen to customer comments. Have you tried to telephone an order in and request alternate shipping methods?)
- Daniel

Yes. No dice. Contrary to what Upscale has posted. But it's been many months since I quit as a Lee Valley customer.

And I doubt they have missed you! If you don't like how a company does business, don't buy from them! Plain and simple. Tons of others have had excellent service from LV. Your rant is with the postal service, not LV. Greg

Bullshit. You admitted that you haven't called them in several months. Even after I called an LV store today to get information for you and gave you the phone number, you still haven't called them to see of there's any new shipping options available. All you're capable of doing is whining and making feeble excuses as to why things aren't as you want them, yet you're too lazy to do some following up to actually know for sure. Apparently, it's more desirable for you to email dozens of messages over several hours instead of spending a few minutes on the phone. What an ignorant wonder you are. Pitiful at best.
wrote in message

Ouch, that has got to hurt. With 25 % of the precincts reporting it looks like Jimmy is going down in flames.
Next contestant please.

Let me repeat: There is NO WAY to get a delivery from Lee Valley other than through Canada Post.

Jimmy, watch out for those windmills

Let me repeat: There is NO WAY to get a delivery from Lee Valley other than through Canada Post.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. We've heard you.
Now. What do you want us to do about it? You've already established that you don't want sympathy, or empathy, or a phone campaign to Robin Lee, or anything in particular, you just want to bitch.
So now, you've bitched.
And bitched.
And bitched.
And bitched.
And bitched.
And bitched.
And bitched.
And bitched.
And bitched.
And bitched.
And bitched.
And bitched.
And bitched.
And bitched.
And bitched.
And bitched.
And bitched.
And bitched.
And bitched.
And bitched.
And bitched.
And bitched.
And bitched.
And bitched.
And bitched.
And bitched.
And bitched.
And bitched.
Now what? I still suggest: <
http://www.balderstone.ca/stfu.jpg
On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 20:39:59 -0600, Dave Balderstone
Actually I was responding with explanation to morons, like I am with this post. Leon seems to be one of the few posters here with an ounce of common sense.
Snort. That's *funny!*
No, you just bitched. And called people names.
And bitched. Over and over and over.
You're still doing it.
What, exactly, do you hope to accomplish with your whining, bitching tale of how hard done by you are by Lee Valley and Canada Post? Why don't you bitch and whine and complain to Lee Valley and Canada Post?
Why should any of us care about you or you concerns?
On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 19:47:15 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@the.shoppe wrote:

Translation: "Leon sort of agrees with me"
Anyhow, if LV or other places offered same day delivery to your door and expected you to pay for that service, you'd bitch about it not being free, right? Mac

Not true. My packages never come Canada Post. Nope, not one yet.

Hmmm... Mine either, now that I think about it. In fact, I just had a Veritas Medium Shoulder Plane delivered a few days ago (only a few days after the order) and I've been more than pleased.

You may be confused. Or you are in some area that Priority Post doesn't have their own delivery. I suspect you are confused.:)