The tale of TWO Lee Valley Parcels.

Page 1 of 6

Lee Valley being used as an example. My friend in Kamloops lives in an upscale new subdivision. Mail delivery via a Super Mailbox at the end of the street. His neighbor behind him lives in an older neighborhood. Both order the identical parcel from Lee Valley. Both pay the same price for shipping. My friend has to drive 2 miles to a Postal Station and pick up his Lee Valley order, his neighbor just over the back fence get's his Lee Valley package delivered right to his door.
It is like this for THOUSANDS of households in Canada.
On 07/04/2006 4:52 PM, snipped-for-privacy@the.shoppe wrote:

Hey kid, give it a rest, we got it the first 24 times. You don't like Canada Post.

You sir are a moron. Learn to READ.
On 07/04/2006 5:02 PM, snipped-for-privacy@the.shoppe wrote:

That's, "Learn to READ, please.". Your mom's not gonna be pleased with you.

LOL! Probably not. But this second class citizenship that comes with having a PO Box as a mailing address is very frustrating.
Lee Valley....First class products - third rate delivery.
On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 14:36:06 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@the.shoppe wrote:

Then here's a hint... don't have a PO box as a mailing address.
Duh.
On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 23:45:41 GMT, Brian Henderson

DUH...It get's sent back as INVALID address. Been there done that with Futureshop.

PO Box

The shear stupidity of your original post is that you cite all of these experiences where you claim to have exhausted every way of receiving parcels besides CP, only to be stymied. Yet - fully aware of your environment, you felt it necessary to post a whining diatribe here about the misery of your life, starting off with a whopping 6 mile drive to the post office. Fellow - you're just a crank.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Country roads, figure on at least 30 mph, you're talking about 12 minutes there and another 12 minutes back. And if he works, it's likely he passes by the post office regularly (although I find this unlikely considering the time he's put into replying). Must live alone since the wife or kids aren't able to visit the post office. So, it all comes down to this being his life, complaining about Lee Valley and the post office.
Hey, everybody has some type of all consuming hobby.

Only Futureshop and Lee Valley use Canada Post. All my other 9 suppliers deliver right to my door. Until last year it was ONLY Lee Valley using Canadian Post. Futureshop switched to Canadian Post last year. Another company where I spend a far bit of money. Probably $5000 in Futureshop orders over 3 years. I have $2500 in Futureshop toys on my desk right now. Epson Printer, Samsung 1100 21" monitor, computer, 2 160 gig external disk drives. Can you imagine picking up a monitor this size from the post office. It weighs over 80 pounds and I doubt the box would even fit in my car. It was thankfully delivered to my door before Futureshop switched couriers. My last order to Futureshop was last October and there will never be another.
If Futureshop did not have delivery to my door they wouldn't have got ANY of that $5000. I will support any company that delivers to my door. I hate store shopping or traveling miles to do it.

You're still full of crap. LV will deliver by UPS. So, why haven't you called them yet to confirm UPS availability as I did three days ago? The real answer is that you're simply trolling here for attention. Time to grow up.

I ceased being a Lee Valley customer last year. If they have new methods of delivery I suggest they email that information to me. I checked the website, I see no method for avoiding Canada Post. It seems identical to last year.
snipped-for-privacy@the.shoppe wrote:

So let's see what we have so far... You've posted something like 100 posts on your tale of unspeakable woe (shipping) so you're certainly obsessive/compulsive. You don't like going outside/driving/shopping which points to agoraphobia. And you have a new one, you're scared to pick up the phone - telephonophobia.
I'm sorry for calling you a troll. You're not. You're just a troubled soul with a full complement of neuroses. Do you try to work on them or do you just say, "That's me."?

What does agoraphobia have to do with burning $20 in gas and driving for an hour to get to a store? Then wandering endless isles, standing at the checkout for 20 minutes, then driving an hour to get home I have better things to do with my time.

And you are a moron.
On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 23:24:00 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@the.shoppe wrote:

You could always LIVE CLOSER, you know.
Sheesh, we have to do everything, don't we?
On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 21:26:33 GMT, Brian Henderson

Closer to what? I have almost EVERYTHING I buy delivered to my door.
Next week a new gas range. You really think I want to pick that up.
Home Depot will deliver me anything for $60. Email the order and it's in my yard the next day. If I add my time it costs me twice that to go to the store and haul the stuff home in my truck.
Picking stuff up, hauling stuff away is some sort of macho thing, like not asking directions.<g>
Take yard refuse. In almost every community there are guys advertising in the paper to pick it up and haul it away for very little more than the price of gas. Why they do this I have no idea. I had a TON of gravel (2200 pounds) delivered from 45 miles away for $30 bucks. What would it have cost me in time and gas to pick that up with a half ton?

Lee Valley and Futureshop disappoint me because they have such great shopping websites. Not because I can't buy elsewhere. Like I told Rob Lee I don't shop around. Once I find a company I like I buy everything I need from them even if some stuff is cheaper elsewhere.
Brian Henderson wrote:

A *REAL* woodworker would move!

of
website, I

So finally, we get some truth out of you. For some reason, you refuse to pick up the phone and that puts the solution squarely in your court. You obviously like LV's products if as you claim, you spent upwards of $1800.00 in recent years. Considering all the whining you've done here, wouldn't it have been much simpler to spend five minutes on the phone?
But I know the answer to these questions. You want special treatment and you're going to punish LV by spiting yourself until you get it. I've got to admit, that's pretty funny.

Probably closer to $2500, but I don't keep track. I was buying staples, sand paper, saw blades, etc, not exotic tools. I have since found suppliers that better suit my lifestyle. They deliver to my door.
I spent twice that at Futureshop over the same period until they stopped delivering to my door.
If you value my business then deliver to my door. As a business person myself I also support their choice of not delivering to my door.

You should have spent the money on a therapist and meds.