The shop dummy strikes again...

C'est la vie

Tomorrow is another day.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

I made that very same mistake on one of my first projects years ago, albeit with a router, not a table saw. Mine was for a shelf to be let into dadoes on either side of a bookcase. After thinking about it a while, I cut a little off the top of one upright and off the bottom of the other, reducing the bookcase height somewhat but allowing the shelf to be installed level and square. It's one of those mistakes you are likely to never repeat.

Reply to
Larry W

;~) And to add insult to injury it looks like there was tear out too! Hope you have an extra piece.

Reply to
Leon

He hides in my shop just waiting for an opportunity to pounce...

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

No problem, I got the mate to that around here... somewhere.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

That's what you get for being displaced for so long. To prevent that, Boudreau says, when you cut you leff hand, on the board, you aim wit you right eye and when you cut you right hand, on the board, you aim wit you leff eye.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Swingman wrote in news:1519609093396307715.004212kac- nospam.com@216.196.97.131:

I've never EVER done anything like that...

Reply to
Doug Miller

Assymmetry can be lovely :)

Reply to
dadiOH

Well, at least you can laugh at yourself for doing it. (How long did you curse and swear before deciding to post it here?)

Reply to
none

What? You weren't intending to build a ship lapped cabinet? :)

Reply to
none

Think of it as inspiration. Part of a "stairstep" bookcase, perhaps?

Reply to
Greg Guarino

That is gonna require some design changes......

Reply to
Pat Barber

Reminds me of when I was competing in Model Airplane gliders. We had a listserve. One guy made two left wings. He was so pissed off, so he went to create the missing right wing and made another left by mistake...

To me it was funny has hell. To him, I am sure it wasn't, I am sure it was frustrating.

Reply to
woodchucker

Did it fly? Curious minds want to know! :-)

Reply to
willshak

I've made so many errors (in drywall) alternating from the use of the inside and outside of my carpenters square that this barely makes me raise an eyebrow. I've also seen myself cut out the electrical box on the "wrong side". %-)

I learned I should buy an extra piece or two of drywall so one doesn't have to go back for more as soon! YMMV.

Second coat of paint went on the ceiling today! : ) I will try for a second coat on the walls tomorrow.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I wish I could say I've never done that. LOL

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

I have a present speech for these events that begins with: "How the $#$% did I do that?" I'm considering have that engraved on my tombstone.

Larry (Shit happens ... most days)

Reply to
Gramp's shop

me neither