http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Gyph8z65zmY/Ue7hmaCyfwI/AAAAAAAAUGA/x6FmIBNuvyQ/s1024/IMAGE_8.jpeg
--
www.ewoodshop.com

On 7/23/2013 5:29 PM, Swingman wrote:

C'est la vie
Tomorrow is another day.

I made that very same mistake on one of my first projects years ago, albeit with a router, not a table saw. Mine was for a shelf to be let into dadoes on either side of a bookcase. After thinking about it a while, I cut a little off the top of one upright and off the bottom of the other, reducing the bookcase height somewhat but allowing the shelf to be installed level and square. It's one of those mistakes you are likely to never repeat.
plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)
On 7/23/2013 4:29 PM, Swingman wrote:

;~) And to add insult to injury it looks like there was tear out too! Hope you have an extra piece.
"Swingman" wrote in message
http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Gyph8z65zmY/Ue7hmaCyfwI/AAAAAAAAUGA/x6FmIBNuvyQ/s1024/IMAGE_8.jpeg
--
www.ewoodshop.com

Still use it for a smaller project. Not wasted. WW
On 07/23/2013 02:29 PM, Swingman wrote:

He hides in my shop just waiting for an opportunity to pounce...

No problem, I got the mate to that around here... somewhere.
On Tuesday, July 23, 2013 4:29:30 PM UTC-5, Swingman wrote:

That's what you get for being displaced for so long. To prevent that, Boudreau says, when you cut you leff hand, on the board, you aim wit you right eye and when you cut you right hand, on the board, you aim wit you leff eye.
Sonny

Gyph8z65zmY/Ue7hmaCyfwI/AAAAAAAAUGA/x6FmIBNuvyQ/s1024/IMAGE_8.jpeg

I've never EVER done anything like that...

me neither
Just one question Karl. Were you coming or going when you made that piece? LOL
I have never made that particular mistake. But........., I have been known to make a few other types of mistakes. I remember one particular project that I bought just enough wood for the item. And I screwed up and had to go buy another piece. Which was repeated again and again. I ended up screwing up the piece five times in a row. I finally got it right. I don't know what was going on with me at the time. Al I know I was incredibly relieved when it was all done and finished.

Assymmetry can be lovely :)
--

dadiOH
____________________________

Well, at least you can laugh at yourself for doing it. (How long did you curse and swear before deciding to post it here?)

What? You weren't intending to build a ship lapped cabinet? :)
On 7/23/2013 5:29 PM, Swingman wrote:

Think of it as inspiration. Part of a "stairstep" bookcase, perhaps?
On 7/23/2013 2:29 PM, Swingman wrote:

That is gonna require some design changes......
On 7/23/2013 5:29 PM, Swingman wrote:

Reminds me of when I was competing in Model Airplane gliders. We had a listserve. One guy made two left wings. He was so pissed off, so he went to create the missing right wing and made another left by mistake...
To me it was funny has hell. To him, I am sure it wasn't, I am sure it was frustrating.
--
Jeff

woodchucker wrote:

Did it fly? Curious minds want to know! :-)
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
woodchucker wrote:

I've made so many errors (in drywall) alternating from the use of the inside and outside of my carpenters square that this barely makes me raise an eyebrow. I've also seen myself cut out the electrical box on the "wrong side". %-)
I learned I should buy an extra piece or two of drywall so one doesn't have to go back for more as soon! YMMV.
Second coat of paint went on the ceiling today! : ) I will try for a second coat on the walls tomorrow.
Bill

I wish I could say I've never done that. LOL
Mike M