The SECRET Society, again... and yes, it's a gloat!

Folks -
OK, apparently all is forgiven - I just got my PRE-APPROVED HCA MEMBERSHIP MONOGRAPH in yesterday's mail. Y'know, I really DO hate to be a cynic about all of this, but how the hell can you keep all of this PRIVILEGED information and MEMBERS ONLY status when the packet is enclosed in an oversize, BRIGHT orange florescent envelope? Keee-rist! Now the mail-man knows - heck, he's probably already got a woody just from the POSSIBILITY that a 14 in 1 Tool Gauge/Flashlight/Screwdriver/Web Browser/Hot Dog Stop/HCA Discount Card/Ninja Throwing Star could show up AT ANY TIME.
I am pretty sure I saw my neighbor lurking around the recycle can last night, looking to see if I "slipped up" with the seeeeecret membership materials - Ha! what a piker.... Not a chance!
The guy down the block dropped by this morning, trying to be all casual-like.... asking if I "happened" to have a drill bit gauge handy so that he could sort through a cigar box of old drill bits. Naturally, I dropped him before he finished his sentence. The Coroner is still out on the porch dealing with the aftermath. He flashed the badge and started to ask MORE questions, but I flashed my "you know what" membership card in return and he fell mute.
This was SO worth the LIFETIME membership fee of $700. I'm already working on making more room for all of those tools that are going to show up any day now. I think that the guy who was the Currency Minister in Nigeria is going to be delivering them, probably with a PM-66. WHOO-HOOOOOO.
This is WAY better than being part of the Illuminati!
John Moorhead

Yeah, and you don't need to heat up the branding irons.
Don
John Moorhead wrote:

Easy there big fella. The secret to having a secret organization is keeping it secret. Slink and skulk, don't flash and brag. Maintain deniability. Remember, there is no cabal.     mahalo,     4
I defeated the cabal in the first version of Trade Wars, long, long ago, on a BBS, before the Internet was fashionable. That's why they no longer exist.....
RJ

Speaking of - you missed last meeting, Jo4hn, and I noticed you're on for treats for next time.
Dave

...you have said too much.....

YEah, but did you get the ultra-special BLACK guage, like I did?
Dave Balderstone wrote:

Whoa. Dave is a *player*.

Not necc a "speller" though...
That would be gauge, not guage.